The metronome sounds and the precount sound stoped working

Hi all. for some reason. Maybe i change the config somehow. the Metronome sound and precount just not woreking anymore. The settings for ther metronome are good with the sound selection on but nothing.
I can see its precounting but with no sound.
Any help will be great
Thanks

Oh almost forgot. If i import a stereo sound like kick and such how do i convert it to Mono. Just change the output to Left or just create a mono audio track and import the sound then? im coming from presonus and there i would just make it mono and bounce the sound.

Hello,

Check your Metronome Setup in the Transport menu. What type of Click Output do you use? Do you use MIDI, or Audio, or both? If you are using MIDI, is your MIDI output selected right? If you are using Audio, are you using Beep or your own sound? What about Velocities/Levels?

Best,

Make sure the click is selected in the output routing page for the main outputs.

There are a few ways of making a Stereo Track Mono. you could change the pan control to Stereo Dual Panner (right click on panner) and set both L/R pan controls to centre.

Make sure the click is selected in the output routing page for the main outputs

hi there,i have the same issues…it comes and goes at will…
all the relevant options are selected in the metronome setup window…still no sound…i am using the beep sound fro cubase so it Should just work…pls advise

Make sure the click is selected in the output routing page for the main outputs

hi there,i have the same issues…it comes and goes at will…
all the relevant options are selected in the metronome setup window…still no sound…i am using the beep sound fro cubase so it Should just work…pls advise

Hi. Well im using Audio and the beep option.
Abut the MOni. In the audio its say no panner so should i just do the output to left instead of streo out? the input is set to left also i think by defaulot

Hello,

are you using Studio settings in the Cubase? What about this settings? What about Control Room?

Best,

Go into the Audio Pool, find the recording or audio file you want to convert to mono, right click and select Convert Files. In this dialog there is the means to convert to mono with the Channel drop down. Also, select “Replace” in the Options drop down. Page 309 of the Operation Manual.

It will convert the file in place so once this is done, you’ll find it a mono file in the arrange window. No need to drag this file back into the arrange on a new track.

I had to do this the other night. I was playing with a song which started in Logic and really just wanted it back in Cubase. I exported the files from Logic but the drums, for instance, were exported as stereo tracks. Using this method, I was able to quickly convert them back to mono.

I believe this is a better method than panning since when you pan a supposedly stereo file (mono on both channels), you increase the volume since you’re summing both channels together. This method just strips off one channel.

Working good thanks.
And thanks Martin it was the control. BUt not for sure because i did the 6.5 upgrade and i think that fixed it maybe

to get ur beep back…
goto VST connections…click on outputs…
theres a checkbox to turn the click back on.

very annoying problem and hard to find fix…
hope this works for u…zimmy

+1

Hi,

I get same behaviour since 6.0.5, I report this proble in January 2012 :

Hi,

Cubase : 6.0.5 32 bits & 64 bits

1/ Create a new project whatever the frequency and resolution is.
2/ activate the “click” in the transport bar
3/ open control room and activate the click on the “headphones” output
4/ press play => the click get out into your headphone, OK
5/ stop play
6/ activate now the click on the “speakers” output in the control room (now click is activated for “headphones” and “speakers” output)
7/ press play => the click get out into my headphones and my speakers but some beats of the click are “jumped” randomly !!!
8/ deactivate the click on the headphones and let it on the speakers output of the control room => all beat of the click are present in the speakers output.

Apparently, if we activate the click on both headphones and speakers output of the control room, some beats of the click are missing randomly.

The inbuilt click will always present problems as it is not generated in the VST Layer of the DAW and instead uses the Kernel Mixer of the OS.