the necessary update for cubase

hello ,
i use cubase since the first day i started produce electronic music (5 years ago) . .
cubase has been through many updates since then , in many areas . . BUT still there is one pretty important update i see as an electronic producer as pretty necessary !
the update i’m talking about is a bass synth for electronic music as the logic’s exs / esm etc . .
when this update will come , me and some many lctronic producers wont have any thoughts to start to use the logic as a replacement for the cubase . .
as the logic can be use only for mac owners it’s pretty expensive for many producers that are doing it as a hobby and still don’t making money out of music … which is the biggest part in numbers of producers !

hopefully this message will get to the “right ears” and people in steinberg will start to think about this seriously !

I find retrologue and prologue can do pretty good basslines.

Or you can use 3rd party plug-ins. :wink:

In my opinion, Cubase should be the best DAW, not the best instrument library. :wink:

Martin.Jirsak >> i have 3rd party plug-ins but nothing gets closer to the fat pumping basslines of the ESM / ESI / ETC . . .

Strophoid >> i’m still on the cubase 5 so don’t have the retrolog , i have the prolouge on 5 but doesn’t looks like i can get that fat basslines . .

OK, sou Steinberg should make instrument, of your dream. :wink:

You can download Trial version of Retrologue here.

This is off topic little bit. An this topic was discused many times. Believe me, final sound is more about your skills, and experience, than about an engine of the DAW. :wink:

Strophoid >> i’m still on the cubase 5 so don’t have the retrolog , i have the prolouge on 5 but doesn’t looks like i can get that fat basslines . .

I realise that, but you were making a point that there was no good bass synth in Cubase updates, while there is :wink:
As for audio engine: I care not a jot what people think of Cubase’s audio engine, it sounds fine to me and I hear no difference when comparing it to the others so it’s not an issue in my opinion.

Where was that 64 bit Neon update? That is what you need. :smiley:

Personally I think Prologue and the other Cubase synths sound a bit Cubasy and are not efficient enough for me to build a sound I like fast. But it can do whatever you want, it’s a set of osc and filters. The fx bring the Cubase synths down, sounding all the same, just not very inspiring.

I think what you want is something like Trilian. Very inspiring and motivating quickly dialed in bass options.

ok , i ersed the sound issue from the post , as i saw it’s really been discussed a lot … and it’s not the point here .

OK, sou Steinberg should make instrument, of your dream. :wink:
[/quote]
great answer ! beside i’m sure many others will be stoke for this kind of synth in the ’ cube ’ … some great electronic music artists use the logic to make those basslines …

i didn’t move to 64 bit just because i use the exs24 which is pretty old to 64bit system , and it’s the only instrument that get close to the esm and esi (same family)

with all the respect to the prolouge it’s way far from the esm / esi’s bass , and compare to the prolouge they are much more simple to use and to get the ultimate bassline for my projects . .

the trillian is great instrument but still much more complicated then the esm/i and i want to get first the update for the cubase …

i just like to say my opinion as a costumer that pay good money for those softwares , maybe at last some one there in steinberg will do something about it … after all , a good company should listen to their costumers as the costumers follow them for years !