The new Dorico update can't see Aria Player GOP 5

Hi, I just updated Dorico to the new 1.2 version.
On the previous version, I achieved - after several attempts- I managed to make Dorico recognize Aria Player GOP 5.
I did the same thing now, wrting the VST 2 plug ins on Dorico’s white list but bow, Dorico can’t see Aria Player.
Is there someone who could give me some advice on what the problem might be now?
Thanks for your time
Mike

Are you on a Mac? I had the same problem - not GPO 5, but 4: I got it to work in 1.1, but after updating, it didn’t work. I did all the steps for the whitelist, but the thing that made it finally work was to make sure the .txt suffix was visible. Odd, but that did the trick. Perhaps that will work for you? If you are on a Window machine, then I have no idea; and I had next to no idea for the Mac, so…
If that doesn’t solve it, someone will cone along with a more complete answer, I’m sure.

At Mike: Please choose from the main menu Help > Create Diagnostic Report. That will create a zip file on your desktop. Send that to u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de and from the contained log data I most likely will be able to tell what is wrong.

Hi R Pearl
Thanks for your prompt response.
I’m a Mac user -sorry i should have told you that-
I have both GPO versions 4-5. On the previous version i made them work…both.
Now I have this weird issue again.
I’m going to try what you suggested. I’ll keep you posted if that solves the problem
Thanks again for your time and help
regards
Mike

Hi Ulf
thanks for your response
Ok I’ll do that and I’ll keep you posted
Thanks for your time and help
Regards
Mike

Updating to 1.2 also reduced my whitelist back to Kontakt 5 also.

Was able to restore

ARIA Player Multi VST_x64
and
ARIA Player VST_x64

to the whitelist and see them back in the Play pull-down.

Hi R Pearl
Just wanted to let you know that I solved the issue.
I had not written the name correctly. It has to be written like this ARIA (no Aria) all with capital letters.
ARIA Player VST Now it is working again. Both, GPO 4 and GPO 5
I found a way ( little trick) to make other VST2 plug-ins work
Dorico sees Vienna Pro Ensemble. If you have it, load them through it. I can even use MachFive and UVI
Thanks again for your help
Regards
Mike

Because the Dorico updaters would overwrite the user edited whitelists, at some stage we added the possibility to have a second whitelist that does not get overwritten by the Dorico updaters. For details please refer to our knowledgebase article: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/206899770-How-to-use-VST2-plug-ins-in-Dorico

Thank you for the reminder. Because prior updates had not altered my original whitelist, I had not done this earlier, but I have now.

Hi, does anyone know to write for the drum in Dorico?
It looks like a silly question but I’m asking because I have tried using several drum plug ins (such as EZ Drummer or Sample Tank) and the notes are always out of the staff whether if I use a GM sample or not.
See my attachment please
Thanks in advance for your time and help
Best regards
Mike

Very novel screenshot for your question. Then, too, this should probably be a separate thread.

Hi Derrek yes you are right…this should be a separate thread.
An sorry… I sent the wrong screen shot.
I will repeat my previous message
Hi, does anyone know to write for the drum in Dorico?
It looks like a silly question but I’m asking because I have tried using several drum plug ins (such as EZ Drummer or Sample Tank) and the notes are always out of the staff whether if I use a GM sample or not.
See my attachment please
Thanks in advance for your time and help
Best regards
Mike

By separate thread, I meant starting a new thread with its own subject line instead of continuing this one. Why don’t you start by looking under preferences? I could say more, but it doesn’t belong in this thread.