"The New Standard" in Sampled Pianos

There is!

Look at FLKeys Products

Best,

Kawai VPC1 is also fantastic for virtual pianos!!

I take back about the Vienna Imperial, it looks fantastic. I guess I’m confused why it’s not all the rage on the piano forums these days with it having 100 samples per key! Possibly the price and age.

Well … “age” is relative and depends quite a bit on your own age, too. ;-D

Vienna Imperial was released about four years ago, it got several updates since, and I think its save to say that the sound of a real Boesendorfer Grand hasnt changed that much during that time either.

Best,

Dude, being that I’m 16, 4 years is like forever! lol

While that’s true, the changing of the characteristic sound of a Bosendorfer 290 over the years is definitely not the issue. :stuck_out_tongue: It would be the changes in sampling practices, or, more relevantly, the new technological innovations in sampling that have allowed for a more realistic emulation of a true piano.

It really is dependent upon the nature of these updates, being that the Grand 3 came out about 3yrs ago and has been “updated” along the way, but the updates consisted of bug fixes and streaming improvements. OTOH, you have Kawai’s EX Concert Pro that recently got a major overhaul with all kinds of new technologies that more impressive libraries are employing.

But which virtual piano is the best ?.
I want a vst virtual piano with super realistic sound.

The sound /quality should be chocking!.
Big, warm, huge.

hopefully i can get a vst piano plugin for
less than 250£ ?.

Any trial demos ?.

Best? or least expensive and okay? The best is hands down the Vienna Imperial Grand. I have Ivory, the Grand and tried every software mentioned here. ( I also have Komplete) there is only one great piano if the sound needs to be real.

@ bane Vienna Instruments software and updates are incredible and so is the customer support, the reason you don’t hear it as the rage as because of the clients they gear the stuff towards and how they market. The price is high but once you start the road with them it’s hard to settle for anything else :slight_smile:. I know you think something new is better than older but as you go through software and hardware over the next 20years you will learn newest is not always the best. You certainly can’t compare the grand and the Imperial’s update practices. One has nothing to do with other, I have never had a bug in Vienna software so no need to fix them.

Find me a soft synth today that matches moog filters or a sampler that beats an 8bit E3> Vienna Piano is a Ferrari the others are Fords. (SO sorry I didn’t use German cars Dietz :slight_smile: )

Hehehe … no problem in any case - I’m not from Germany, I drive Japanese 4WD cars and ride 30 years-old Italian scooters. :sunglasses:

I have too many software piano’s to count, but I tend to agree with Kaz that the Imperial Grand is in a league by itself. Yes, it’s relatively expensive, and yes, it’s been around for awhile. Still, it just sounds the most authentic to me.

Among the rest of the field, however, I’ve always felt the Garritan Steinway sounded very good, too (the $500 high-dollar version, not the cheaper one). Also, The White Grand by SampleTekk sounds nice, has that Yamaha “ring” to it (and it’s been around longer than all of them). What’s funny is I have an old Steinway D sample set for GigaSampler that sounds just fine in a mix, and not half-bad solo… can’t even recall who made it.

(As an aside… I think the Kronos “German Grand” sounds great, too. I’ve seen this keyboard played live a couple times, and thought the piano sounded superb – far better than the Triton’s you’d see/hear everywhere, and better than even the decent RD series)

I never liked the sound of the Vienna Imperial and sold it last year…don’t ask me to explain why…just something I didn’t like about the sound. Ivory’s American D and True Keys pianos are the top contenders in 2013 IMO.

Coming from someone who is truly ‘older than dirt’!!!
This statement is IMHO Einstein’s ‘Relativity Theory’ in practice.

Beautiful!!

A MAJOR ROTFLMAO!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
{‘-’}

BTW @ Dietz
By the time you are my age,
4 years will seem like a month.
Enjoy yer youth mon ami.
I sure enjoyed mine.

That was me mate. :wink:

How on Earth did you sell Imperial Grand?