The new wavemeters - problem seeing low signals

I love the new wavemeters in the mixer but have a problem:
when the recorded signal is low I can’t really see what’s going on. It makes no difference if the meters are set to input or after fader.
Is there any way to broaden the wave display ?
Thank’s,
Mads

You can increase the level of the events in the project window and turn down the mixer channel pre gain by the same amount.

Thank’s Grim - yes, this works but then I don’t know where I am volumewise + I get distortion when the parts get louder.
I would like the wavemeter to follow the volume after the fader but it doesn’t work that way I guess.
Are there other ways ?
/Mads

yes, this works but then I don’t know where I am volumewise + I get distortion when the parts get louder

No…if you reduce the pre gain by the same amount you increase the clip volume you will not get distortion.

Why wouldn’t you know where you are volume wise?..I don’t have any idea what you mean by that?

ups - I misread your post - I thought you wrote the master gain (old eyes… :slight_smile:
Yes it works - but I’m doing like 5-6 tunes in the same project with 4-5 takes on each track and some of the events on the same tracks are very loud.
It’s a lot of work to increase volume on some of the softer events. I wish there was an easier way to do it.
Thank’s anyway :slight_smile:
Mads