The Nuendo Dolby Atmos Renderer V the Dolby Atmos Production Suite

If I understand you correctly Steve, change the output of the dolby renderer to Binauaral using the drop down menu. Is that what you’re after?

I’ve been mixing atmos for about 2 years but almost everything I’ve done so far is changing existing stereo mixes I’ve done to atmos. But if I do start from scratch I setup the session as Dolby Atmos but do the stereo mix first because I’m old. I do start off with 7.1.4 reverbs to make my life easy but for the stereo mix I create a 3rd Order Ambisonics group track that is routed to the stereo bus and send the 7.1.4 reverbs to that bus. I’ve started sending BG vocals and strings etc. to that bus to add binaural content to the stereo mix, (no decoding required. :slight_smile: ). LiquidSonics Cinematic Rooms and Lustrous Plates are my favourite multi-channel reverbs right now. You can even set those up as 3rd Order Ambisonics revs internally. I am unaware of any other reverb that does that. If you’re getting your stereo songs mastered tell the mastering engineer that you have Ambisonics content so they will avoid using middle sides compression that apparently will diminish the Ambisonics. HTH.

Thanks Wheels, lots to figure out. Anyway, I have LiquidSonics Cinematic Rooms surround sound. I already had LiquidSonics, which I love, and I was confident in their multi-channel offering.
So that’s a good thing. I’m old too (and we’re not alone!), but I don’t understand the use of ambisonic here, unless it’s the fact that you’re used to it (I’m not). Unless it’s a way to work in both stereo and an Atmos perspective. But, at this point, my idea was to use stereo sub-buses, including the right and left fronts, simply. But this is all new to me. In two years, it will be better!

1 Like