The problem of being Early bird user. A way to make things more fair for the loyal clients

Hello,
I’ve already bought Dorico 4. There are a lot of the things I wanted (and I shared them in the forum) implemented, so I couldn’t be happier… except I can.

There’s something I don’t like about Steinberg price policy. If you buy a product first day, you won’t have any discount, but if you wait you will have a 30 to 50% discount, as well as the possibility to have a grace period, like it happened now. It’s unfair for the loyal clients.

A way you could improve this is to allow pre-buying the next upgrade in the sales period, so I could’ve bought Dorico 4 upgrade in August (having already Dorico 3.5) at a discounted price, like the ones that didn’t have Dorico 3.5 at that moment.

Yes, this grace period was very unfair to the loyal client. REALLY unfair. However, I love Dorico and I bought it first day, but I think you should re-work this.

It’s even worse in Cubase.

2 Likes

Daniel has already answered thoroughly. There won’t be any x.5 versions anymore, so that this kind of discrepancy no longer occurr in the Dorico scheme.

3 Likes

There was also a monster thread about this two weeks ago. Time to just enjoy D4 and move on.

3 Likes

reztes,

Adding to the good replies you have already received, I commend you on the tone with which you expressed your complaint. I understand how you feel, and Daniel has stated his understanding of this as well.

2 Likes

If my tone is anything wrong is because I don’t speak English. I’m sorry.

I’m not upset and I actually bought Dorico 4 even before I the video was released. So no, I’m not angry or anything. I just though it will be a good idea for Steinberg and I exposed why.

And I’m going on writing on this forum the things that I think can be improved, even if there is some criticism. The ultimate goal is help make Dorico better.

I don’t think anyone will object to your expressing the substance of your opinions as long as your style shows some humility and brevity.

1 Like

The Early Bird user gets the most value, because they get the most use out of the product. Someone who buys 6 months from now has lost 6 months of use.

2 Likes

As it turns out, although it was totally unintentional, most who paid the full upgrade price were able to use Dorico 4 from the day it was released, whereas those who got the special price in August and early September had to wait a bit.

In spite of everyone at Dorico’s best intentions, unforeseen circumstances occur.

1 Like

@reztes the expression “I commend you…” is actually a compliment recognising the excellent way in which you wrote and expressed your comment :smiley:

1 Like

Wow, how embarrasing then :flushed:. This is a sign I should start again my English lessons. Sorry DaddyO :frowning: I though commend was something like “you should watch your tone!”.

I’m really sorry for the misunderstanding… which, as strange as may sound, proves my point (I need to improve my English).

Thank you all for your answers. I also think Dorico is worth every euro I’ve spent (invested!) on it.

2 Likes

No problem, reztes. Indeed I was complementing you.

I admire people who expand their language capability beyond their native language. Most of us who grew up and live in the U.S. never have to do so.

3 Likes