The Score Editor updates

Fair enough Steve, I did not really intend anything harsh by the word ‘poach’ really. I do now remember these were the events. I did say that Sibelius was no longer being developed in the previous clause.

Off topic: I am getting used to the new layout and enjoying it. C9 is not all bad, it’s still true it’s the best yet, though there was not a huge leap forward.

I cannot disagree more strongly. When doing collaborations with musicians distributed globally (especially horn players), it is incredibly helpful to distribute phrases in traditional score format. That, of course, is generated from the MIDI that I created when I created the lines in the first place.

Of course anyone serious about scoring does not use Cubase. That is not speculation, that is a fact. Importing MIDI into Dorico yields the best results over all other scoring programs (for MIDI importation).

+10
I don’t think there’s any other competitive DAW with such a fine score editor as Cubase Pro (inside the program). It’s good enough for editing music through the score as well as semi-pro notation.I am sure that Daniel Spreadbury will do a superb job integrating Dorico with Cubase but not very soon

I agree and it’s going to take years. There are a lot of things he wants to do to improve Dorico and we are last on his list of priorities. It would be better if they just have a junior Dorico version with ReWire for Cubase owners.

I work with Cubase Score Editor intensively and I am serious about scoring.
Does this mean that I and all the others are just morons ?
I bet that you never tried to use the program “seriously” yourself.

Please have closer look into the Score Editor and learn a little more about it before making such disrespectful and stupid statements.

Sure,rewire suits me fine for the time being.And i agree with TheMaestro that you underestimate Cubase’s score features and potential

Okay well I tried it and Sibelius, Finale and Dorico. All of them are better than Cubase. I liked Dorico the most. I know a of composers and none of them use Cubase for scoring.