A long while ago I mentioned I recorded a drum set using isosceles triangle layout of the overall mics. I added a kick. snare and high hat mic too.
Here is a snippit of the post:
I chose this method of recording for the context of the sound with the other instruments. Here is it in context… The only “hard” processing is on the kick. I did a gate distortion thing to it (can’t remember exactly) and I did some high frequency treatment on the overall drum mix to add some texture to the cymbals. I’m really happy with how it turned out and wanted to follow up with a post. The mix isn’t done yet (have a few refinements I wanna do), but I kinda like it as is too.
So without further adieu click here to listen to a sample of an isoscelized drum kit