The Space Bar

Asterisk: We don’t have it on “qwertz” layouted keyboards. Ah, we have it, but it can be only reached by hitting SHIFT and “+”. It won’t stop the recording though by default.

So, yeah, the explanation with the contact latency is nice, and so is the one with the spacebar making a sound even before it hits the contact. Maybe it needs some oil? But Brandy, I refuse to do a scientific approach and make a complete space bar session !

We could ask iZotope to add a “SB remover” to their restoration line. Where SB means space bar, of course. Or we could start bashing SB for not fixing that. Where SB means Steinberg, of course.

However, at least we now know how to add space to our recordings.

Great-most-epic-topic !

I never realised that “SteinBerg” and “SpaceBar” were so close…coincidence…I think not !

Now that I have my “Asterix” key, I definitely need the “Obelix” one for a BIGGER sound…anybody has a link to custom built Gallic keyboards ?

:smiley:

IMO, the bigger question is who is going to record the bard Kakofonix (French name) / Assuracetourix (Dutch name) / Troubadix (Name in film). Who dares?

Fredo

If I ever change my job, I will open the famous “Space Bar”.

All Nuendians will get the magic potion for free (you just need to show your dongle).

Awesome! Caunt me in! :slight_smile:

But don’t say “show me your dongle” in a regular bar… Coul lead into trouble…

Yeah, I ccunt you in. Caunt. Can’t? Count ?

(Why are all good forums in English…I cant speak that! In my upcoming Space Bar, all ppl from all nations with all languages will have equal rights. Unless they refuse to show their dongle)

Not that a maintenance update would ever be able to fix this, but I don’t think I can justify this thread any longer in the “Nuendo 5” section.
;o)

Fredo

So there is a date 4 V6 :question: :mrgreen: :exclamation:

Caunt? Count? I don’t have a fckin clue :slight_smile:
Aaand I was typing on a as well f
ckin iPhone, hehe!

To aufgreif the Space Bar Thematik again - also you can auf mich zählen!

Currently I am somewhat fixiert on Space Bar sounds… Comparing the tiny sound of my Netbook… The expensive sound of my old MacBookPro… The quite standard-elegance sound of my DAW Space Bar (the most important) and the cheap and vintage soundig plastic-sound of my Office PC SB (old cable keyboard).

Interesting thing!

You have the MacBook pro aluminum space bar ? I pay for that sound, I pay! Or I give you a C64 space bar in return.

Yes, I have!

I am interested in Amiga 500 Space bar, maybe we can trade. But I would like to have the Amiga with two C414 (old version) in Bumlein Setup. I think the harsh and nasty 90ies Sound of the 414s will fit great. For recording the MacBook pro Aluminium space bar I am currently searching for a second U89… The U89 fits well here, soundwise and regarding the look when placed in front of the MacBook. But I need a second one for the Blümchen-Setup!

I can trade the ipad touchscreen space bar, due to the latency of midi over wifi it will always record the entire sound with it’s reverb tail, even if RT60 is reasonably high.

Did you record it with the screen vertically or horizontally ? I think that makes a huge difference. And please make sure it’s done with a Blümchen setup!