If you cannot find the root of the problem, you will need to look for your LOG file, which will give details about the crash. You will need to either post this on the forum in your own topic or attach it to a support form you can fill out in MySteinberg.
Also try removing preferences that have become corrupted. Be aware that all your Key Commands, Preferences, Presets, and Customizations will be lost:
Thankfully, Cubase 7 and later versions have a brand new safe-start mode.
No Sound in Cubase
Firstly, you will need to close all other applications (they could steal your outputs.)
Be sure that your system volume is not muted, your track/event is not muted, and your monitoring is not enabled.
You may also want to check your Preferences>VST>Auto Monitoring settings and reset them to manual.
Next check your connections:
Confirm that the desired inputs/outputs are enabled in your driver’s control panel. You can check this under Devices>Device Setup.
Be sure that your busses are configured correctly and your input/outputs are enabled under VST Connections (F4).
Be sure the correct busses are chosen in your track’s inspector.
Switch off all system sounds so they do not interfere with the ASIO audio stream and restart if necessary.
HalionOne won’t Load it’s Presets
Missing Content Cubase 7
Unfortunately some of you running under Windows are experiencing missing content for included instruments in Cubase 7, especially when updating from Cubase 6.5. The following symptoms have been reported:
- Padshop: no sample
- HALion Sonic SE: Layer (something) not found, error loading preset (presets are shown)
- HALion One: No presets, no sound, empty menu
- Loop Mash: The names of the WAVs are here, but they won’t load
- Prologue: Preset names are here, but they don’t soundWe tracked these issues down to an eLicenser Control Center (eLCC) version conflict that caused the synsoacc.dll file not to be overwritten correctly in all cases. The issue is now resolved in the newest eLCC 18.104.22.16813 version, which can be found here.
If you are affected by one of the issues mentioned above, please do the following:
- Update your eLLC to 22.214.171.12413 here
- Open the MediaBay
- Locate to “File System–> Local Hard Disks–> C:", right-click on C:\ and choose “Rescan Disk”
In case of a customized installation, exchange c:\ with the partition that holds the relevant content files mentioned below.Please make sure that the following folders (and all its subfolders) are scanned:
“File System–> Local Hard Disks–> C:\Users"
“File System–> Local Hard Disks–> C:\ProgramData"
“VST Sound” folder
Waves Plugins License Error
- Open the Waves License Center
- Send any of your licenses from your cloud to your hard drive
<if still doesn’t work then>
- Move licenses to external hard drive
Cubase Won’t Record
Please check the following:
- Your track is Record Enabled
- Use External Sync is set properly in the transport panel
- Your connections are correct as mentioned above
If none of this works, then you may need to reset your preferences in case you have disabled a vital setting.
Drag-n-Drop Not Working with Audio
Export is Too Short/Silent
Confirm that your left and right locators are properly set in the ruler at the top of the project window. The area inside the locators determines the area that Cubase exports. Be sure that the area inside them is blue, otherwise they will be red (backwards)!
Also confirm that the desired tracks are not muted and not monitoring.
Cubase Overloads Computer Resources
Integrating Steinberg VST Instrument Sets
Run Out of MP3 Exports