The Stragglers - "Find A Way"

And another from The Stragglers. This is the closest Shayne and I have come to a co-write:

Find A Way

:sunglasses:

One of your tightest and greatest-sounding mixes ever. :wink:

Only two small comments. At times I found the snare a bit loud
(not the goddam snare again you say). :laughing: Sounds good tho.

And there is a very loud click at 1:02 on “broken”.

Great work sir!

Jet

Yep, sounds good to me too :sunglasses:

I think the mix sounds really good. I especially like the way you’ve mixed in the acoustic guitars.

:smiley: Cheers Jet! You’re right about the snare… I need to pull it down a few notches. And you’re also right about that ‘click’ sound. I’ll fix 'em both…soon!

I’ll give this one a few tweaks and consider it done. :sunglasses:

Yep, sounds good, Ian! :sunglasses:
Catchy chorus.

Cheers,
Wim

Cheers Wim! :smiley:

Hey straggler! :slight_smile:

Wel balanced mix, On one time in the song I had the feeling that everything should be pulled back and at 2.50 you did just that.

There is not a lot to say cause composition, arrangment and vocals are all within boundries, but if I had to critisize anything I would maybe experiment with the vocal line.
The chorus has this ’ find a way’ mantra. Maybe on one time you could make a more intyeresting stepping out melody that surpasses the rest, a sort of highnote to catch the listeners attention. I doesnt have to be belted out, just a alternative to break that mantra.

Are that real drums or programmed? hard to tell these days.

Keep it up!

Greetz Dylan.

:smiley:

The chorus has this ’ find a way’ mantra. Maybe on one time you could make a more intyeresting stepping out melody that surpasses the rest, a sort of highnote to catch the listeners attention. I doesnt have to be belted out, just a alternative to break that mantra.

Yes, good suggestion and something that I often do. Nothing came to me naturally on this occasion though, it may well be that once we’ve played live a few more times the vocal will settle a little more and perhaps new variations will emmerge as they sometimes do. :sunglasses:

Are that real drums or programmed? hard to tell these days.

Jamstix 3 with a Steve Slate Kit 8)
Thanks for the feedback Dylan. :slight_smile:

Cool song and great mix, Ian! :sunglasses:

Bump #2.

enjoying the melodic elements of this, lots of memorable hooks in there.
lol might get in trouble for this but the vocal seems to remind me of jets voice here.

A nice little tune and good mix.

I never did like SS snares, however

:smiley:

I never did like SS snares, however

Is there any particular snare on the planet you DO like?

I like that snare on The Commodores “Brickhouse” :laughing: