the website

why is it that the only music software company i have the hardest time getting my computer back to its original state before i total hard drive crash wiped everything out. every other company has a history of what i bought when and corresponding simple re-authorization proceedures?

IS THERE ANYONE IN YOUR COMPANY THAT CAN GIVE ME THAT INFO?
I NEED IT BADLY…U GUYS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE VERY EASIEST…
I DREAD GOING TO ‘MY STIENBERG’ / MY PRODUCTS…WHAT A TOTAL JOKE
IT ONLY GOES TO AN ARBITRARY LIST OF VST’S…NOTHING TO DO W/ME…SURE I BOUGHT SOME OF THOSE
SINCE 2OO4 AND A LOT I DIDN;T…THEN TRY AND 'RE-ACTIVETATE. IT TAKES YOU TO AN ELICENCE THING THAT SOUNDS LIKE WE ARE SPOSE TO SOLVE A PROBLEM U GUYS HAD W/ YOUR PROTECTION COMPANIES.

I’M SURE I BROKE SOME EDICATE RULE TO THE FORUM NAZIS SO PLEASE EXCEPT MY APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE…BUT THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING…IT IS DOWN RIGHT INSULTING TO HAVE TO GO THRU THE SUPOORT FORM…HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO FILL OUT THAT DAMN FORM…HAS NO ONE HEARD OF A SAVE BUTTON…

I WILL PAY SOMEONE!!! my itty bitty brain doesn’t stand a chance on this website

Well put, guvner!

Can’t your mommy or daddy help you out?

i see u are a new user and as such u may not have had to deal with a web site designed by the guy’s mommy and daddy themselves. if u are comoputer savey, and anally oraganizational u will do fine here. cubase is a great product , don’t get me wrong.i LOVE cu7…tho my expeience is only w/ cubebase…cubase 7 is kik’n ass. the only thing is… As a user since 2004 and a guy w/ admittedly very iffy computer skills…poop happens!! hard drives go down and unless u a mitculus in your backups…and even then …i just had a backup by somr fancy backup software fail when i was on the on the 5th of 6
disc…u will loose EVERYTHING in term of vst’s instrums and effects…worse yet u’v lost the registy…so u have to go thyro each items registrtion proceeduer. these used to all be pretty user unfreindly and full of ambiguities and assumtions…not only that they made u go thru some password hopes that made no sense…most of those software provider today have it down …knowing full well that many of their customers are musician like me and by no means geeks. so they have may it simple to see your history of buys and registrion info for years back,simple 1 page 1 password and start downloading. cubase for wehat ever reason was always one of the worse at this … i gues they have more to protect so their protection protocol took priority. but ,if for instance, you find urself amonst us mere humans and something goes wrong and u’ve lost your entire DAW set-up. you will find stienberg has something called ‘your products’…but it is not a history of my purchases and more importantly activation info. i’m really not sure wehat it is or what they think they are showing u but it pretty worthless . so it leaves u as the guy stuck going thru email receits to find what the thing was called and how to get it back. if u arer trying to make a living as a songwriter/producer today in the tv/film ind. you need to invest in a wide arsonal of instuments, fx, samples, sampolers…ect… the field is very much about sound design and one becomes depentdent on certain sounds and processes.
cubase is my MAIN software, i am a long time user and love the product…but , yes, as u so kindly put it. i may need my late mommy and daddy’s help to get all my downloads back and registered from the website because there may be not earthly way to get my stuff back from stienberg because their website sucks!!!~

Are you serious? Replace your ‘C’ hard drive and load your OS. Then get on line and install the latest eLicenser software. ELicenser exists for and because of Steinberg, they are totally intertwined, so to speak, one and the same. If you have a valid license for a Steinberg product, eLicenser will know all about it.

So then download your Steinberg product(s). When you install them, if they ask for the serial numbers (worst case scenario) they are listed at the Steinberg site in the My Steinberg window. Reactivate your products and move on.

Losing a ‘C’ drive is a bad deal, no doubt. I use Norton Ghost 15, give it a try maybe.

thank u , mr.roos

if it where only true…maybe u found a portal that has escaped me but when i go to my stienberg/ my products(or what ever they call em) it is a page w/ basicaally most of their products listed and yes, i have bought some but not all…and the serial number thing they put u if you are a elince guy…is totally insulting and almost useless…u have to write one of their inane support forms to get the right licence …then a day or so latter u get a serial that actually works… maybe it makes sense in german…but something big got lost on translation////. most software sights wherejust as bad a few years ago…stienberg refuses to invest any effort in to their websirte because , from what6 i gather, they don’t really do their website …they farmed that part out…andthose m.f;s should be fired!!!
btw i did use a very good backup program…it failed on disc 5 of 6.

thanks for your concern, mr, roos

Well, I am having a hard time understanding why your product page should look any different than mine. Everything I have done with Steinberg is listed there including the activation codes.

I must not understand what you are saying, sorry.

Have you installed and loaded your OS your new C drive? Get on line and download the software versions from Steinberg that you own, put them on your desktop, but do not open them yet. Then load the newest eLicenser. Then install the products you own. Go to My Products page in Steinberg account and look for the activation codes - EVERY ACTIVATION CODE THAT STEINBERG GAVE YOU IS STILL THERE DISPLAYED ON YOUR PRODUCTS PAGE. Paste and copy these into the eLicenser per product activation when you are prompted and you are done.

You seem to be saying the you have to go through some extra steps to retrieve the activation codes? You are just like everybody else - I have to do the same thing and its not that difficult. Certainly easier than replacing a HD and reinstalling the OS. You can do this.

http://www.steinberg.net/en/mysteinberg/about_mysteinberg.html

mr. roos ,u are a saint…i’ve attachted ther page called 'show registered prducts"
if the jpg is widw enogh u will see a 0 and the end of each option…do u actually have numbers there?

if u go to the activation-reactivation page…once again , an almost arbitray list of almost everything they sell.

u have 1 page with all your info like say native instrument or camel audio?

is it an english page?

i am a very dylisic-learning challenged-guy who’s computer skills suck so i would love to admit i am wrong.

u see part of the problem comes from a very good stienberg idea…use the media bay when looking for instruments…so i never evren look at where an instrument comesfrom…i doubt too many paop;e do who use that bay…so i have no idea which of sonic’s , or haloiun or , halion sonics…the stupidly named synts a sound may come from
so i know i am missing 'irish ‘giutar’ but i have no idea which of the syhths that i bought it came w…i think i have done all the obvious installers …but that sound and many other sounds are gone from the media bay. i’m hoping some one at stienberg will noticew one of their long time users is in serious trouble and help me out…i even posted my proplem to the blog of some special guy w/ stienbberg on favebook!!! he said he’s pass it on…code for no one cares if u aren’t geek enough to get this stuff…i have no choice now but to become a squeeky wheel to get back all my instruments and hopefully not have to go thru bewildering 2 day process to bet it registered…this is my living!!! it is costing me potential money.

so once again thank you…someone at stienbewrg is censoring these thing so they must see them…maybe that person will what into the website office and say …you’re fired!!! i bet they’d like to fire their protection co elicnece…they seem at the heart of this mess i a way…but none of this should be my problem

Woah. Your page does not look like mine. My page shows all my products and my eLicenser key with the registered products on it.

I do not understand how you can be a registered user of a Steinberg product and not have the products show up on this page.

Can you explain this?

We’re you using pirated versions of Steinberg software?

Do you have a Steinberg iLok USB dongle?

I PURCHASED EVERYTHING FROM THE STIENBERG WEB PAGE WHICH MAKES IT ALL THE MORE FUSTRATING.
I’M NOT GOING THROUGH ILOK FOR CUBASE…THAT IS ANOTHER COMPANY THAT MANY USERS ARE UNHAPPY WITH…THEY MADE ME GO THRU HOOPS TOO FOR THE VST’S I USE THAT USES IOLK…THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO REFUSE TO USE ANYTHING W/ ILOK BUT I LOVE UBK-1 SO I HAVE TOO. I GOT AN ELINCE DOGGLE WHEN I BOUGHT CUBASE STUDIO BACK IN 2004. THEY MAKE CHANGES EVERY ONCE AND A WHILE AND IT CREATES A WOULD NEW PROTICAL TO GET YOUR SHT REGISTED.
I HAVE HEARD OTHER DAW’S TREAT THERE USERS W’ MUCH MORE RESPECT AND I HAVE ALSO HEARD THEY ARE ALL THE SAME…AND I GUESS THE PROTECTION ISSUES WITH daw’S IS VERY DIFFICULLT AND PROBABLY SOMETHING OF GREATER VALUE TO STEAL MEANS MORE ATTEMPTS TOO STEEL STUFF. DID U GO TO THE ILOK WEEBSITE TO SEE YOUR PRODUCTS?

THANKS SO MUCH . RICK

Alright, Rick. First off, let me be clear about my language regarding ‘dongles’ and ‘iloks’. The Cubase dongle is NOT an iLok. It is specifically for Cubase. And carefully rereading your last post, I see you purchased Cubase Studio from Steinberg in 2004? And you have the dongle for this?

When you installed it on your computer, you had to register it, right? Or did you just never register it? You can still do this. When you register your product, the activation code will then be listed on the Steinberg site. This must be why you have no products showing up, you never registered it. You should.

Moving on to the iLok, yes, I have an iLok. Here’s what I know about the iLok that is important: the iLok site cannot be browsed with a 64 bit browser - you must sign in with a 32 bit browser.

Once you are signed in, the site will quickly recognize the device and show all the plugins associated with it. If the site does not find your iLok quickly, then the browser is the first thing to look at.

NOTE: Be aware that the iLok2 is replacing the original iLok. This probably doesn’t effect you because your plugins were older ones? Well, at any rate be aware that the ilok2 is out there, it’s new, and companies are making the switch.

THNX AGAIN…YEP UI GET MY UBK-1 WORKING W/ I LOCK…NOT BEFORE HAVENG TO SWQITH TO A VERY SPECIFIC MOXILLA BROWSER…NOTHING ELSE WILL WORK…I THINK THOSE GUYS ARE HANGIN ON BY THEIR FINGERNAILS.