Using Windows 10, 64bit.
There’s a bug in Halion 6 in it’s parameter reporting. I’ve been having several issues creating in the macro editor and I’ve finally pinpointed where the issue resides. The issue is that H6 is not updating the filter shape to match the filter type. No matter what filter type you choose all filter shapes are present. This causes synchronous graphical errors in the Marco page due to animations and other graphical elements not syncing up with the actual filter shape. This also causes the “show value” option in the macro page to display the wrong filter shape when it is connected to the filter shape if it uses a different filter type. To see the issue proceed with this set of instructions…
- Open HALION. The default preset “Hexagon” should load.
- Click the OPEN NEW WINDOW button and select “Macro Page Designer Extended”.
- In the PROGRAM TREE expand the “Anima” layer and select the synth ZONE.
- Scroll down in the PARAMETER LIST until you see the “Filter” folder. Expand that and you see “Type” and filter “ShapeA” parameters.
- Scroll down in the SOUND Editor (This is the docked bottom right tab) until you see the FILTER section.
- Using either the PARAMETER LIST or SOUND Editor change the Filter Type to “Waldorf”. Both the SOUND Editor and PARAMETER LIST will show this change.
- Click the value drop down for ShapeA of the PARAMETER LIST.
- Click the value drop down for filter shape A of the SOUOND Editor.
They will display two different sets of filter options. Scrolling your mouse wheel over the PARAMETER LIST value for ShapeA will cause the SOUND Editor to match and display the wrong filter shapes for this filter type as well. This becomes a problem especially when we want to tie this parameter to an Animation, fader, etc etc in the Macro Page. Although I want to use the Waldorf Filter type, the Macro element will respond to the PARAMETER LIST value which causes the element to display the wrong info and respond incorrectly.