These are great news!

The Android version is something that we needed for soooo long !!
Thank you Steinberg !!

I was wondering if my Apple Cubasis 3 “license” applies to the Android version .
Is thers a way to “migrate” that one to Android ?

Hi stanoc,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we are unable to offer crossgrades or options to migrate the iOS app to Android or vice versa, since both apps are offered and hosted through Apple and Google, which manage the individual stores.

Best wishes,
Lars

Are there any recommendations for audio interfaces that will work with Samsung tab s4 10"

Hi mathewjg,

Thank you for your message.
Cubasis for Android offers limited audio and MIDI hardware support only, Steinberg does not currently guarantee full compatibility.

Best wishes,
Lars

Even if Steinberg don’t support it, can you mention even one?

Also, is there some technical reason why only 48kHz sample rate is supported, and could this change to include 44.1kHz at some future point?

Yes I can understand the problem with so many different models etc. Can you let me know which combination of Android tablet/phone, audio interface and Android version was used for pre-launch testing . Thanks

On the official Cubasis 3 page it mentions only Arm64 CPU for hardware and Android 8+ OS. So i guess any new Arm64 based Tablet should work. I suppose more RAM is better so 4GB+ models and up would probably be the go with good storage options eg 32,64,128GB. But what about the Audio side?? Asus Zenpad has good audio or latest Samsung.

It would be nice to see some sort of recommended min system requirements for tablets like any other software has.

I don’t see why this is great news. There are no plugins on Android, so you’re limited to Cubasis’ built-in synths and effects.

Basically, Cubasis for Android is a dumbed-down version of Cubasis (compared to the IOS version), but at the same price.

I think that this just great. Finally a full DAW on Android. At a first glance Steinberg has done a great job here. Seems to be very stable and fast and the sound is great too.

However, I agree that the price point is a bit problematic. Without the ability to load external plugins you are almost forced to spend another 50+ bucks on Steinberg’s extension packs to get a decent palette of sounds and effects to choose from. The included ones are not bad at all but the selection is quite sparse IMHO. At the end a user needs to spend over 100 Euro for the entire package if he wants to use the full potential of the app. In the desktop world it’s not a big deal but on mobile devices that’s really a lot of money.

On the other hand the iOS user base will get mad if the Androids get Cubasis for less money or with more content included.

Hi Reefius,

Fine to see things like this, but I do not share your point of view here (sorry!).

Actually, I’ve been more than impressed about what the team has achieved with the Cubasis for Android release, and the majority of our current users seems to share this, given their ratings and reviews on Google Play.

Yes, there are some Android-given limitations compared to iOS in some areas, but maybe there is a chance to see this changed in the future.

Best,
Lars

+1, based on the specs, I agree, but …

… so I would like to know what hardware (and audio and MIDI interfaces) I can expect it to work with. Perhaps some users could tell us what devices they’ve had success with (even if this cannot be validated or supported by Steinberg).

Hi Mr. Soundman,

… so I would like to know what hardware (and audio and MIDI interfaces) I can expect it to work with. Perhaps some users could tell us what devices they’ve had success with (even if this cannot be validated or supported by Steinberg).

This sounds an excellent idea…

Best,
Lars

I have several audio interfaces I will try. If any work, I will report them here, if that’s okay with the moderator.
My problem is that I can’t get the app to download yet!, so stand by…

There’s now a topic for just that:
Please share your experience with other Android users