This isn’t too focused on any particular issue – I just wanted to give a shout out to the devs.
I’ve been working on Dorico most of today, and I have had SIX (I did count) instances of:
- Wanting to do something in Dorico,
- Thinking that it wasn’t possible, or took way more steps than it should,
- Writing up a short forum post addressing said issue,
- To avoid embarrassment, giving Google one last check,
- Realizing that there is, in fact, a really simple way to do said thing.
- Deleting my post and carrying on.
So to beginners, give Google a shot . And if you don’t, they’ll probably still be willing to patiently help .
Thanks devs, you thought of it already.
PS: Okay I can’t make it 10/10, so there is still one thing out of the 6 that I’m not happy with, and that’s how long force duration takes, when things aren’t beamed the way I’d like them to be beamed. It’s just kinda annoying. Putting a toggle in the properties pane would be amazing. Something like “combine into one note” or something like that. But hey, maybe there is a one click method and I just don’t know it yet.