Things are about to change with the Steinberg Forums

Guess that it’s fine. Just hope that this change is not just for the sake of it. Beside this, few questions :

• Will the www.steinberg.net web address stay the same ?
  • When is the change to be expected and how will we be informed of it ?
  • Will there be any improvements in the publishing of images (or any other medias sources), as presently, we need to rely on a ‘third party’ site to display any media content in a post ? It seems so, viewing the try.discourse.org link, but still…

Hope all this will come as hassle free as expected… :arrow_right:

and how do you change your username ?

Any ideas when the change will happen yet? :slight_smile:

More than one tag is needed. Now you can’t select both “Cubase 11” and “Issues”, for example.
You need to choose one of them.

Hmmm… actually, it seems you can Ctrl+click to select more than one. But it seems to work so-so…??
And you can’t see what’s really selected then. It’s a mess to mix both version/category in the same field.

There should still be two Tag categories: one for Product Version (C9,C10,C11…) and one for Category (Issues, Feature Requests, Presales, General…). In two different select fields.

2 Likes

Where can I find “my posts” like in the older forum?

I’ve found that the ‘unread’ tab is best for that purpose, but it only shows up once activity has occured…

https://forums.steinberg.net/unread

If that is blank for you right now, you can see the criteria for when it populates.

In your profile there’s also an ‘activity’ tab.

We are in contact with Discourse whether they have something up their sleeve to address this one.

Worst forum layout I ever encountered…

7 Likes

I quite like this new look :love_you_gesture: :+1: :+1: :+1:t2:

I can’t use my old user ID “beatpete”, it says it’s taken. How do I get it back?

Not far from agreeing. At first use, and among others : too much space lost in each post, while the avatar being reduced to almost nothing, the absence of the total amount of posts visible, etc.

A disappointment. Maybe I’ll have to get used to it… :woozy_face:

1 Like

Much prefer this new layout! especially in dark mode! Good job

1 Like

Confusing when some topics are tagged e.g. Cubase 11 etc but others have no version tag at all.

Not only newly created one; there seems to be some topic threads that did not get a version number in the migration.

Also, when writing a new topic it’s not only optional to enter a version tag, there is no tag for Cubase 11 at all. Only C8, C9 and C10 (*). So is C11 automatically applied then? No, it gets nothing.

So is it C11 implicit if nothing is entered? No, you need to search with e. g. “no-tag” to find it. “Cubase 11” will only find C11-tagged threads, which seems to be only the migrated ones…

(*) You can’t choose “Presale” or “Scoring” categories either when writing a new topic, they don’t exist (only “Issues” and “Feature Requests”).

*) I suspect that is because the popup-window only is allowed to show max 5 items?!?

And why are there 2 issues categories in the search field? Both “issue” and “issues”…??

Quite messy and confusing, currently…

2 Likes

beautiful looking… but I say remove the excess white space. Modify the CSS of this site, and change the line-spacing as well as the padding between comments. My 2 unwanted cents…

:clap: This is a huge step forward! Some things may need polishing but this is a massive improvement on the previous forum. I particularly love that now can copy-paste images and vote posts. Thank you!

Great features , it makes you want to be more interactive BUT i find you have too keep hitting the language button otherwise you end up in the German section before you know it . All said thou it’s a vast improvement not having Martins 25000 post marker on his threads :rofl: :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :love_you_gesture:t2: :+1:t6:

Same happened to my old ID

It takes some getting used to. I wonder if the etiquette for posting new Issues and Feature Requests should be revised now.

This is for googletagmanager that is also used by the new forum.

1 Like