Thinking of buying a reverb ?

I have exponential audios R2 which is a great re verb but pricey, out of curiosity I tried the demo of Valhalla’s vintage verb and …shock horror :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: it’s easily as good and I personally think it’s better so I bought it…and it’s only 32Quid :astonished:
I made a mistake not checking the Valhalla verb out before buying the R2 (which I bought based on Mikes reputation with Lexicon)

so bottom line…big recommendation for Valhalla…never knew it was so good!! and so cheap!!
and a huge plus is you don’t have to deal with Ilok which has prevented me from using R2 on several occasions ( the main reason I tried Valhalla actually)

Kevin :slight_smile:

Nah. I’m thinking of buying a “noun” instead.

(sorry, couldn’t resist)

In keeping with the current Steinberg “Pro” theme, that would be a Pronoun wouldn’t it ?

:laughing:

Regards :sunglasses:

oops…never saw that coming… :laughing: very funny, still when all the laughter has faded away maybe what I’ve said will help someone save a bit of cash and hassle with Ilok…

Kevin :slight_smile:

Since he was kind of promoting the Valhalla, maybe more precisely it would be … (wait for it…) an ad-verb?

Vanna for $250!

Great thread!
ROTFLMAO!!!

And helpful as well.
If there is a Mac version I think I will give Valhalla a try.
The price sounds nice.

@ shadowfax
Tanx and mahalo.
{’-’}

Won’t be long before someone turns this whole thing turns into a Proverb.
:slight_smile:

Lol, Good stuff!!

And I wholeheartedly +1 Valhalla. I use it on everything now.

The latest update to VintageVerb is really good, easily my most used reverb, also good simple GUI that can scale.
That and Reverence loaded with Bricasti m7 impulses, is pretty much all I use.
http://www.samplicity.com/bricasti-m7-impulse-responses/

So are you prepositioning me? :blush: :blush: :blush: :laughing:

You Perverb! :mrgreen:

This thread is getting too verbal.
:stuck_out_tongue:

Glad I started this thread…had a lorra lorra laughs…Kevin :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cut out the PUNishment you semantiacs! :smiley:

Kevin - I highly recommend Valhalla Room, Vintage Verb, and Ubermod! All for $50 each I think.

Veni. Vidi. Verbi.

(FWIW, I use UAD-2 Plate 140 a lot.)

I’ve already bought Valhalla vintage, that’s why I started this thread…to recommend it!!

glad we’re of the same mind :slight_smile:

:laughing: Agreed - I was confirming the rest of the Valhalla plugins are a very worthy investment. Room has some great Lexicon type presets I like as a starting point and Ubermod is an entirely different plug from the other two

I’ve been using only Room and Vintage 'verbs for a while now (for algorithmic reverbs), I almost bought Lexicon PCM Bundle until I found these.

phew…that was a close call… :sunglasses:

those guys need to bring their prices down or they’ll disappear into oblivion.

Kevin