Thinking of upgrading from 8.5 to 10.5, is it worth it?

Hi guys,

So i have been using Cubase Pro 8.5 for the last few years and i dont have any issues with it (apart from 1 which i’ll get to in a min)… However it is getting a little old now obviously and so i have started thinking of upgrading to Cubase Pro 10.5… The only real issue i have, and i am not even sure if its a windows 10 issue or a Cubase issue, is that after a certain windows update i noticed that some patches in omnisphere would start to overload the cpu and cause audio spikes and glitches, this only started happening after a certain windows update as i said… My pc is fairly decent - i7 4790k 16gig ram and i am using a trusty old Motu Firewire interface…

Would upgrading to Cubase Pro 10.5 help with this issue (maybe it plays nicer with windows 10 than Cubase Pro 8.5 does?)… And in genereal what other benifits are there in 10.5 over 8.5…?

In short is it worth upgrading from 8.5 to 10.5…?

Thanks for any info…

V :mrgreen:

Download the trial and test yourself. Apart from that there are plenty of “is it worth it?” posts in the forums already and the new features and benefits can be found on the product site. If you can´t decide yourself - it probably isn´t for you.

Ok cool - i was not aware there was a free trial - i will indeed try it out for myself thanks for the info…

One more question if i may… If i install the trial i assume it will detect my plugins/softsynths without me having to mess around…? As thats the main thing i want to test at this stage…

Again cheers for the info :slight_smile:

That would depend on the Plugins and where you installed them. There have been changes in the plugin mangement since 8.5.