this guy has really interesting approach to chordpad and Cubase in general

im not chord pad/track user,very rarely,but this guy has interesting stuff on his youtube channel.
as far as i know he his a cubase teacher in israeli music school.

Thanks for posting that. That video was awesome.

Absolutely Brilliant

Best Regards

Dave

Very cool!

He really zips through the names of the tools he’s using. For the gesture mapping software I had to replay that section a bunch of times to get the name.

Anyway here are links to what he’s using.

Wow. Now I’ll never go outside…

:laughing:

Pretty bloody impressive!

Thanks for taking the time to work it out and indeed for letting us know.

What is this “outside” you speak of?

Ha!

I’ve just discovered this last video night wondering what other gems are hidden within Cubase to be discovered… I was blown away how cool this was. Brought back, memories years ago of a great documentary on Leon Theremin. I’ll be joining the “indoor club” next week. Looks like the setup is a real ball breaker and then …using it as smoothly.

When I was young an playing my guitar my mother kept saying why don’t you play outside and I thought she was talking about jazz!

Does anyone know if you can set this up without using Chord Pads, where it will separate each note out as a separate channel exactly how Chord Pads does it?

i also was wondering about it.playing and recording a Divisi from live playing chords in real time.

Yes. I think what is really nice about it is that you can mock up things very quickly between a quartet and not have to manually delete overlapping notes. Where as currently if you have a quartet it will play an entire chord for every instrument.

Cubase must have the functionality to do this already since it works in Chord Pads, but not sure if it can be done outside of Chord Pads.

Of Course you can do it:

1. On the MIDI part itself (within the key editor), select the alto line (use Ctrl+Click if needed for multiple selection) and change the channel in the info line to 2.
  2. Select the Tenor line, and change the channel in the info line to 3.
  3. Select the Bass line, and change the channel in the info line to 4.
    (A nice tip is to change the color scheme to “Channel” so you can see different colors for the different MIDI channels).
  4. In the project window, select your part and go to MIDI>Dissolve Part and select “Seperate Channels”
  5. Boom :slight_smile:

I accept your criticism and will try to talk more slowly next time.

Of Course you can do it:

1. On the MIDI part itself (within the key editor), select the alto line (use Ctrl+Click if needed for multiple selection) and change the channel in the info line to 2.
  2. Select the Tenor line, and change the channel in the info line to 3.
  3. Select the Bass line, and change the channel in the info line to 4.
    (A nice tip is to change the color scheme to “Channel” so you can see different colors for the different MIDI channels).
  4. In the project window, select your part and go to MIDI>Dissolve Part and select “Seperate Channels”
  5. Boom > :slight_smile:

But this is only after you have played a piece and have the recorded midi to be able to go in and change channels.

Is there a way to do this live like in the video, but not through Chord Pads?