This sort of thing usually happens to everybody else!

Actually, soon after we moved into the house last March someone local was giving away a 6" baby grand piano in rather good condition. You know I was truly broke beyond belief when I didn’t get it because I couldn’t afford to hire a moving company to get it even though it would have cost me $250-300.

I’m still smarting from that. :frowning:

yeah, for the record I was being a total smart-ass … I know you were being generic. But the chances of that happening in a small town is astronomically smaller than happening in NYC/LA/SF/Chicago etc… I need to use more :laughing: so it’s clear when I’m being sarcastic (which is pretty much always)

:thumbsup:

I think I have to agree with N8 here, I think you should always hire the services of a professional piano mover. Especially if its a quality instrument.

My experience in life and not just restricted to pianos and such, but on whole, would indicate that one should do their best at all times. The problem is, the ‘best at the moment’ may not be the greatest job possible, but it is the ‘best’ available at the moment. Things that come into play ‘in the moment’ might include; current opportunity vs. lost opportunity, available cash to throw at the moment, other available tools or lack of ‘at the moment’, one’s current mental and physical state ‘at the moment’ (been up all night, hard day at work, etc). In the end, no one wants to screw things up and do their best ‘in the moment’ to “GET-ER-DONE”

Major congrats Trevor! For the price of a little veneer, you got the whole dang PIANO—Wow-Wee! :smiley: it now has a story complete with character markings. Shoot, anyone can have a pretty piano.

Yeah don’t mean to put a damper on the moment.

Congratulations on your good fortune!

I was about to refer the honorable gentleman to my previous answer but JSW’s answer is so much better! :smiley: