Thoughts on WLab

You can easily import the master section settings into the montage (as clip track or output effects). … the little ‘star’ symbol. It’s just one click.

We all work differently and, personally, I wouldn’t want the master section to be auto treated as part of a montage.

Yes. There are a few things that are only available in the Master Section but I’ve certainly developed a way of working that allows me to never use the Master Section because I also don’t care for how it works as far as saving/loading separately from an Audio Montage.

As I said … we all work differently.

When I started to a) view the master section solely as a monitor path, and b) move towards a non-destructive and object-oriented approach [montage instead of audio editor], the “new” Wavelab suddenly clicked into place. WL6 vs 11 are worlds apart, and I wouldn’t want to go back.

There are still some quirks I have yet to get a complete grip on – and some that do need a brush-up – but even the initially confusing batch processor is a life-saver once you’ve used it a couple of times and know how to set it up.

j,

1 Like