Thoughts re; Notepad, AirPods, & Audio Processing

Cubasis 3 iPhone [11 Pro Max] Notes

Can you make the notes/notepad feature scrollable

• right now i can copy+paste lyrics into the notepad but then cannot scroll to read them
  • p.s. could it be possible to have the notes window and the chords window up at the same time, I’d really like to eliminate the need for a paper notebook or second device when working.
  • When using airpods to monitor, is there a way to set the iPhone’s built in mic as the mic to use instead of the AirPod’s mic while recording?
  • This would be a great help. the built in mic on iPhone is actually pretty great. the mic on the airpods pro… not great.
  • don’t @ me about wanting to use AirPods, I have etymotic er4sr’s too, that’s just not the point.
  • When using the help feature, the keyboard closes & the app conducts a search after typing the first letter
  • why does “studio quality audio” mean quieter audio?
  • I love love love that I can host IAA’s inside of Cubasis but so far not without snags, have tried using Synthone from Audiokit & Reason Compact to varying dissatisfactory results mostly related to crashing
  • When working with imported audio files, [this was noted before the update & I haven’t tried again] these files would degrade to nothing after a few project opens/closes. & within the same project or new, this degradation would continue to occur.

Hi M-B-M,

Thank you for your message and report.

• right now i can copy+paste lyrics into the notepad but then cannot scroll to read them

We’re able to reproduce this and have added the issue to our bugbase.

• When using airpods to monitor, is there a way to set the iPhone’s built in mic as the mic to use instead of the AirPod’s mic while recording?

Unfortunately technically not possible.

• I love love love that I can host IAA’s inside of Cubasis but so far not without snags

Please have a look at our dedicated Limitations of Inter-App Audio article.
If your problems are not covered in the article, please add a short bug report.

• When working with imported audio files, [this was noted before the update & I haven’t tried again] these files would degrade to nothing after a few project opens/closes.

Please let me have more details about the problem.

Thanks,
Lars

Hey Lars,
sorry for the late reply.

re; input designation while using AirPods; is it not technically possible because of Cubasis limitations? Because it’s an issue i don’t have in garageband ios. Audio in that app defaults to the built in mic & I’m able to record with it. I’ll also add that the audio is severely compressed/distorted when playing back through them as well. even if i successfully record with the built in mic by monitoring differently. I get that the more professional thing to do is use wired headphones without a line in mic in this case. But i guess my question is, is my usual workflow something that works because of Apple’s proprietary developments, or, is this something that can be resolved for cubasis with the consideration of a modified use case? If the workflow I’m used to is based on proprietary privilege then i get that, but i wanted to clarify.

regarding the audio import problem i was having, in two separate projects i tried working with the same imported sample [which was a recording i made in a different app] & it would play correctly the first time. but if i closed the app and came back or did a multitasking thing, or even if neither happened. the sample would slow to a crawl and be completely distorted/corrupted within a few minutes of attempting to playback. I haven’t tested this again since.

With Gratitude,
Marcus

I too would love to be able to scroll notepad text! It’s a great feature, but extremely frustrating to use as you can’t maximise the screen (the way you CAN using fx panels) or easily scroll (two fingers to highlight the text is about the only way)