Thoughts re; Notepad, AirPods, & Audio Processing

Cubasis 3 iPhone [11 Pro Max] Notes

Can you make the notes/notepad feature scrollable

• right now i can copy+paste lyrics into the notepad but then cannot scroll to read them
  • p.s. could it be possible to have the notes window and the chords window up at the same time, I’d really like to eliminate the need for a paper notebook or second device when working.
  • When using airpods to monitor, is there a way to set the iPhone’s built in mic as the mic to use instead of the AirPod’s mic while recording?
  • This would be a great help. the built in mic on iPhone is actually pretty great. the mic on the airpods pro… not great.
  • don’t @ me about wanting to use AirPods, I have etymotic er4sr’s too, that’s just not the point.
  • When using the help feature, the keyboard closes & the app conducts a search after typing the first letter
  • why does “studio quality audio” mean quieter audio?
  • I love love love that I can host IAA’s inside of Cubasis but so far not without snags, have tried using Synthone from Audiokit & Reason Compact to varying dissatisfactory results mostly related to crashing
  • When working with imported audio files, [this was noted before the update & I haven’t tried again] these files would degrade to nothing after a few project opens/closes. & within the same project or new, this degradation would continue to occur.

Hi M-B-M,

Thank you for your message and report.

• right now i can copy+paste lyrics into the notepad but then cannot scroll to read them

We’re able to reproduce this and have added the issue to our bugbase.

• When using airpods to monitor, is there a way to set the iPhone’s built in mic as the mic to use instead of the AirPod’s mic while recording?

Unfortunately technically not possible.

• I love love love that I can host IAA’s inside of Cubasis but so far not without snags

Please have a look at our dedicated Limitations of Inter-App Audio article.
If your problems are not covered in the article, please add a short bug report.

• When working with imported audio files, [this was noted before the update & I haven’t tried again] these files would degrade to nothing after a few project opens/closes.

Please let me have more details about the problem.

Thanks,
Lars

Hey Lars,
sorry for the late reply.

re; input designation while using AirPods; is it not technically possible because of Cubasis limitations? Because it’s an issue i don’t have in garageband ios. Audio in that app defaults to the built in mic & I’m able to record with it. I’ll also add that the audio is severely compressed/distorted when playing back through them as well. even if i successfully record with the built in mic by monitoring differently. I get that the more professional thing to do is use wired headphones without a line in mic in this case. But i guess my question is, is my usual workflow something that works because of Apple’s proprietary developments, or, is this something that can be resolved for cubasis with the consideration of a modified use case? If the workflow I’m used to is based on proprietary privilege then i get that, but i wanted to clarify.

regarding the audio import problem i was having, in two separate projects i tried working with the same imported sample [which was a recording i made in a different app] & it would play correctly the first time. but if i closed the app and came back or did a multitasking thing, or even if neither happened. the sample would slow to a crawl and be completely distorted/corrupted within a few minutes of attempting to playback. I haven’t tested this again since.

With Gratitude,
Marcus