Thoughts & Suggestions on Upcoming Purchase

Hi Everyone,

I’m new to the forums, and for all practical purposes new to Cubase (I did use an LE version way back when I was in my early twenties)… Well, I’m wanting to get back into making music and really think I will enjoy the creative process (and have time now that the wife and I are empty nesters). I have put together a list of equipment I believe will work well for me based upon my reviews and research, but I’m very much interested in hearing thoughts from each of you about this proposed setup.

Here’s what I’m looking at:

Nektar Panorama P6 Keyboard - Nektar Panorama P4 and P6 ▷ Advanced MIDI Keyboard Controllers
Cubase Recording Pack - http://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_product/product/cubase-recording-pack.html

I opted to purchase the additional set of Sennheiser headphones, as I’m familiar with the brand and quality.

My PC is a Win8 64bit system running on an i7-950 overclocked to 3.4GHz, with 6GB RAM, and using two 640GB WD Black drives in RAID 0 format.

Does it look like I’m starting off with a good combination of quality and value which would hold me for a bit?

Thanks to all in advance for your consideration!!
Jim

Yes, that should be a killer setup to start with :sunglasses:

+1

Also consider a nice mic pre for warmth/colour.

And IMHO a biggie; what does your ‘room’ sound like?
Consider some possible treatment in that area.

{‘-’}

Thanks Strophoid for the thoughts! I’m really looking forward to getting back into it!

Thanks,
Jim

Thank you curteye!

I was under the impression the UR22 had a pre-amp, are you indicating I should look into an additional pre-amp ahead of the UR22 (to help with the warmth and color)?

And, yes, I have just started to think about the acoustics in my home office. Much work to be done there I believe. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your thoughts!
Jim