Three Monitor Setup? (Windows)

I like that setup! It appeals to the Wallace (and gromit) in me.

much tidier set up than mine but the monitoring triangle sweetspot looks a bit tight…ie…it looks like you have to be very close to the screen…very tidy though… :slight_smile:

I like that setup! It appeals to the Wallace (and gromit) in me.[/quote] peppapig.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I don’t know if anyone can help me? I am setting up a new computer with a Radeon HD 7700. For the life of me I can’t set up three monitors. The guys who built the computer aren’t much use.
The problemis weird.

The AMD Radeon HD 7700 has one each of DVI, HDMI and DP outputs. I have adapters for all three as follows:

DVI adaptor to VGA
HDMI to VGA
DP to HDMI

The problem is as follows.

1 Only two monitors will display at any one time.

2 The new Samsung monitor will display, but the display does not fill the whole screen.

3 All three monitors are seen by the Screen Resolution page in the Display Settings. However one of the three screens remains black and the Resolution and Orientation settings are greyed out.

4 The really strange thing is when the computer boots up the DP monitor(the Samsung) shows the boot up screen but when the computer has finished booting up it shuts down.

5 The Catalyst Control panel is no more use than the Windows Display page. I have to say that it is really ****ing me off.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

@silhouette,

It may be your adaptor arrangement. This Confused About 3 Screen setup on a Radeon 7700 thread describes a similar situation.

It seems that:

you need 1 native (DP) and 2 Legacy (HDMI or DVI) for the 3 screens to work.

The OP for that thread found a particular adapter for DP to VGA that worked, because it presented as a DP connection correctly.

Thank you for that Patanjali. It was actually what I needed. Although not that adapter I found an active adapter supported by AMD.

It allowed me to connect a VGA monitor whilst presenting the DP output with the correct load. All three monitors immediately showed up.

My studio now looks like the Starship Enterprise - although I am not sure that I will go boldly where no musician has gone before.