Three quick questions

Hi, i have 3 quick questions before i buy ic pro.

Does it have to be connected wirelessly? I disconnect internet when working on my daw.

Can you fill the screen with the mixer faders? I see there is a split screen where only half of the tablet has the fader but i only want to use the faders and have no need to see anything else when mixing.

If i download the app on my daughters ipad can i transfer it to my new ipad mini when i get it next month?

Cheers.

Hi,

Q1: iC Pro needs a network connection, Cubase and iC Pro have to be run on the same local network, so you have to use WiFi (iPad has no Ethernet built in). But your local network has not to be connected to the internet so you may use an “ad hoc” WiFi network of your workstation (see iC Pro documentation).

Q2: Doesn’t actually know, I use iC Pro on an iPhone for cue mix control and transport control.

Q3: If you buy an App from the AppStore it can be used on any iOS device with the same Apple ID. Just log in to the AppStore with the same Apple ID and download iC Pro from the purchased Apps for free.

Joerg

Another hint: At least in Germany Apple has new guidelines for sale and return: You may return an App without reason inside 14 days with full refund. You should check if there are similar rules in your App Store (I think so), so you are able to check out iC Pro on your own without risk. Apple’s return portal is here: http://reportaproblem.apple.com/

Joerg

Thanks Joerg.

You buy an App from the AppStore it can be used on any iOS device with the same Apple ID. Just log in to the AppStore with the same Apple ID and download iC Pro from the purchased Apps for free…

Why?

If you have apps installed that need to poll the internet, they are most likely to display very annoying ‘failed to connect’ type error messages.

If you do not have any apps like that, then the internet will most likely not be accessed while using your DAW anyway.

I use a dual-boot W8.1 system so that the DAW boot does not have apps that ‘phone home’, nor run any latency-inducing services. I only use the internet on it for DAW/sampler product sites for updates.

As jflo writes, Wi-Fi is required, but avoid using any built-in Wi-Fi your computer may have, as they can cause latency problems. Instead, use a wired connection to your Wi-Fi router, or to a Wi-Fi bridge if that is impractical.