Three very important workflow features needed.

1. When you drag a track or an event up and down or to the left or right in the Project window you can’t go super fast when you drag it past the very top and bottom or very left and right of the window. In PT (and Reaper and all other DAWs I’ve tried), when you drag a track or an event up or down/left or right past the top or bottom/left or right edges of the project window it scrolls extremely fast, which is absolutely essential when you have large projects. My scoring template has, for example, close to 500 tracks total, and moving tracks or events up and down by large amounts is incredibly and painfully slow. By contrast, dragging the timeline bar left or right past the window boundaries in Nuendo does what it should do in the cases I’m mentioning: It goes into super fast scrolling mode.

2. We need to be able to stop a loading project. I bet we’ve all accidentally opened a wrong version of a large project that we didn’t mean to, for instance, and then have to sit there while it loads up, then re-load the correct project unless item #3 happens (which is especially fun when clients are in the room waiting – when you have a video game score with huge amounts of different large cues and versions, it’s not hard to imagine that this can quite easily happen).

3. Loading up very large projects back-to-back will often crash Nuendo. It slows workflow down by a very large amount. I’ve had clients ask me why I have to quit and then re-open Cubase (the same thing happens in Nuendo) to open up different cues/sessions/versions. I’ve tried this on four other completely different Cubase/Nuendo systems (one on Windows) just to see if it was my system and saw that it’s the same on the others. This is an issue that’s been around for years and never has been fixed to act how it should.

I can second especially No. 1. It also applies to post work flows as well as composing!