Ties coliding through time signatures

Hi, how do you enable this function (time signatures erasing background) in 3.5? I can’t find reference to it anywhere.

You’ll need to read the version history. These documents (there’s one on each update/upgrade) describe all the new features and the way they work.
This one is in Engraving options (Cmd-shift-E. If you don’t know that shortcut, there’s some more literature you should read :wink:), in the time signature category, IIRC.

https://blog.dorico.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Dorico_3.5_Version_History.pdf page 82

Thank you!! I had already searched Engraving Options several times, and somehow missed that little checkbox.

Ties coliding through time signatures. When a note is tied into a new bar which contains a new time-signature, the tie collides with the time-signature.

Justin, have you turned on the new option at Engraving Options > Time Signatures?

1 Like

I’ve found erase background for stems, but not for time signatures… Any ideas?

Did you see Leo’s comment directly above yours? Are you using Dorico Pro 3.5? If so, you should be able to find that option in Engraving Options.

Bingo! Thanks, Dan.

Might I humbly request that the aforementioned functionality also extends to beams? Example from Bartók, Sz. 98

6 Likes

This gets my vote, as well!

Awesome!