Till My Last Breath

A short piece of music I made with SX3.
The guitar was a Cole Clark FL1ac plugged in direct to Cubase.
Music is here
Hope you enjoy & comments are most welcome !!!

Good stuff Rob :sunglasses:

I like this! :slight_smile:

The guitar was a Cole Clark FL1ac plugged in direct to Cubase.

:open_mouth:
Really? That’s an impressive sound for a direct input. What processing did you apply in Cubase?

Nice piece… I can hear potential for this to develop further. :sunglasses:

Thanks philter & Renewal - glad you enjoyed.

I remember at the time I bought the Cole Clark I almost didn’t !!! In fact I picked out another brand in the same price range because it sounded much better acoustically. But at the last minute, just before I hand over my money I thought I’d plug a few of these guitars in to see how they sounded direct through an amp, and that’s when I did a total 180 and bought the Cole Clark – I fell in love with it.

Processing wise, if my memory serves me correctly, all I did was add a little reverb. Can’t check the recording at the moment as my SX3/WinXP computer died and wound up installing C5/Win 7 64bit.

Glad you enjoyed the piece Sherz

Good playing. Has a very nice feel. I think the Cole Clark sounds very good in the context. Doesn’t sound like it’s finished yet, so looking forward to hearing its development.
Early

Sounds very good to me. Good playing. I like it.
Sincerely,
J.L.

Cool. Only nits are the clicking sounds. Makes it sound like a Bushman from the Kalahari. :sunglasses:

Thanks Early - Cole Clark is a pretty cool thing - And yes need to do some more work on it. Unfortunately it was written using my SX3/Win XP computer which died a nasty death. I’m now using a Cubase5/Win7ox64 setup and need to look into loading the project into C5 ???

And thank you J.L. – very glad you liked it.

Thanks mashedmitten – cool cool cool – yeah, the clicking sound is the sound of my fingers moving over very dry strings that the guitar came with – very squeaky sounding…

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: How long have you had the guitar?

In my eagerness to test the recording capabilities of the guitar I neglected to replace the strings that came with the guitar. Yes, they were old squeaky strings. Since then I have replaced them with Elixers and can confirm the sound is now far less Kalahari Bushman like … … …

Nice lines

Can I ask what the title refers to?

A number of things:

• To truly love another “Till My Last Breath”
    To appreciate this wonderful thing we call life “Till My Last Breath”
    Add your own interpretation here

Actually that raises an interesting question in my mind: what thoughts, feelings does this kind of music evoke in your mind and what title would you give it? :bulb: Hmm, just thinking out loud … … …

When I see a phrase like that, “til my last breath,” I invariably think in terms of fighting the good fight, no matter how hopeless. That interpretation doesn’t exactly fit the mood of your piece, however, so I saw it as a romantic meaning

I think the piece is generally reflective and could apply to any one
of hundreds of circumstances or realities. :wink:

Very nice composition.

The string noise didn’t bother me, and it only got loud at 1:40 or so.
“Live” we wouldn’t think twice, but somehow we expect a recording
to be pristine. :unamused: At least it sounds real and soulful here.

If you re-work this, some variation in the piano part would be good.

Yeah, I totally agree.

Very nice composition.

Thanks Pearldivers – to tell you the truth, it was just a test recording I did shortly after I bought myself a new guitar to see how it sounded when recorded direct. The pic below gives a very general idea of what I was thinking at the time I wrote it. Just some improv really … over a chord progression that descends (from B-) diatonically in 3rds in the key of D major.

The string noise didn’t bother me, and it only got loud at 1:40 or so.
“Live” we wouldn’t think twice, but somehow we expect a recording
to be pristine. > :unamused: > At least it sounds real and soulful here.

I kinda like a bit of string noise myself but hey, that’s just me.
And yeah, makes it feel real - you can hear the hand/fingers changing positions etc.
Could have done with a little less string noise I guess.

If you re-work this, some variation in the piano part would be good.

Very true - that much repetition can definitely drive one insane :slight_smile:
And thanks for the input Pearldivers, very much appreciated