TIme Code

There is probably a simple rememdy for this…but so far I have not found it.

1. To change (i.e. edit) a time code I find this:
    " The default text shown in new markers is “Marker”. You can change the text shown in each marker individually.

Procedure

1. Select the markers whose text you want to change. You can do this in Write mode and Engrave mode.
  2. In the Properties panel, activate Marker text in the Markers group.
  3. Enter the text you want into the value field.
  4. Press Return.

Result

The text shown in the selected markers is changed. It uses the Marker Text Font font style.

Tip

You can also enter custom text for markers when inputting them using the Add Marker dialog, and change marker text in the Markers section of the Video panel in Write mode."

Yet, when I create a marker per your guidance, and then want to edit it, I cannot. i.e
I created a marker at :59 and it reads 00:00:59:00. However, the next marker that I create for :60 reads 00:01:03:03 and when I attempt to edit 00:01:03:03 to read 00:01:00:00 by entering 00:01:00:00 OR use the up/down arrow keys it refuses to cooperate…

BTW - these are for timing only for any general music cue and not for video.

WAIT! I might have discovered the issue: Make sure the counter at the top is 00:00:00:00 BEFORE creating markers?

Anyway…it might be a nice addition to be able to edit ad.hoc. on the fly no matter where you are in a composition…

Sorta? In the Add Marker Dialog you can enter a marker with any Timecode from the current playback position FORWARD to the end of the flow. The playback position doesn’t have to be set to 00:00:00:00 although that would let you add markers just about anywhere.

I’m sure there is a reason Dorico has that restriction in the Add Marker dialog, but I don’t know it.

Interestingly, Dorico will let you CHANGE the time of an existing marker in the markers section of the video panel irrespective of the current playhead position. Be aware though that there can only be one marker at the exact same Timecode position. (If you set a marker to the same position as another, it will delete the other one)

Thank you…

Dorico is always a pleasure…

I grew up in Sarasota Florida, on the Gulf Coast…

Sometimes an encounter mosquito, or an alligator…

But all in all…it was just fine…if you get my drift…:sunglasses::rofl: