Time signatures and group numbering in score

I would like to know if there is a way to keep similar instruments bracketed with a main bracket but also not have the huge time signatures displayed on all brackets but only on WW, BRS, PERC, STR.

I have also created 6 Horn players. The two first I would like to be called 1,3 and 2,4 and those are the ones I would like to be shown in the score. The other ones I would like to be called Horn 1, Horn 2, Horn 3, Horn 4 (not 3-6) and use them for copying out to parts.

I’ve attached a zip file of the project in question.

Is there a way to do this?
For Steinberg 2.dorico.zip (515 KB)

It’s possible (and indeed typical) to group entire families together under one big bracket, with sub-brackets to join staves for the same instruments together (Flutes 1 and 2, for example). Dorico would then automatically put the big time signatures centered on each of the main brackets. There’s a useful setting at the bottom of Engraving Options > Time Signatures > Time Signatures Centered on Brackets: Instruments between brass and strings. If you set that to “Treat separately” then you’ll end up with fewer time signatures lower down the page.

As to the Horn players, you need to Edit the names of the actual instruments, not just the players.

Well the thing is I don’t want subbrackets on similar instruments. I specifically want brackets like these attached but only one big time signature across all woodwinds.

Thanks for the help on instrument numbering!

Harrumph. I don’t have time to play with it now - I don’t think what you’re asking for is possible, but you know where the settings are :slight_smile: