Time signatures and manuals

I’m trying to do something that I have managed to do before, but can’t remember how it’s done. I know the information is on-line somewhere, but have failed to find it. I want to change the time signature for one instrument only. Could someone jog my memory?

While I’m here, a question about manuals. I am the sort that likes to have a printed manual to look through and find it difficult to gain a ‘joined-up’ understanding of the software from help panels and the like. I know that there is a PDF download available for version 1 of Dorico, but is there likely to be a more up to date version (and available in book form) sometime?

Thanks!

When you enter the time signature, close the popver using Alt-Enter, not just Enter.

The online manual says “Dorico 1,” but AFAIK, the PDF is pretty current. You might also be helped by reading this, if you haven’t already: Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life.

I update it every time there’s an update available. It’s not comprehensive, but it does cover all the basics.

There’s already a Dorico Pro 2 manual, available here: Dorico Pro 2 Documentation
You could get it printed and bound, but bear in mind it’ll probably be out of date (or at least incomplete) within a week. The manual is constantly being added to.

Dan, the Dorico Pro 2 online manual (Dorico Help) does NOT say “Dorico 1” :wink:

https://steinberg.help/dorico/v1/en/Dorico_1_Operation_Manual_en.pdf

I just mean that a simple search for “Dorico manual” takes you to version 1. Which, for the record, is confusing, since the header on the page says nothing about the version… but the URL does.

There’s a word that describes the process of retroactively naming something (ie, “World War I” was called “The Great War” until there was a second one…), but I can’t remember what the word is for that. Anyways, it ought to be titled “Dorico 1.”

Intriguing! Obviously there are regional differences with search engines, plus local cookies etc.
Regardless, if you want the Dorico Pro 2 manual, there is such a thing, and you can search for it.
Alternatively,

Thanks for the responses! I’ve donwloaded the version 2 manual. Even though I realise that updates are frequent, I feel nothing is better than a proper manual when learning new software.