Time Stamp Audio files

other DAWs do it, Logic, DP…
When writing cues in DP, I would always export the cue with video. (DP is able to export movie files) This would allow me to mix my music and clients ‘sound/dialogue’ with my cue to be sent off for approval. Clients can watch the scene anywhere to be able to make notes and then get back to me.

Check out “Replacing the Audio in a Video File” in the manual.

I have tried that. However, that replaces the audio from the very start of the video file. if I am in the middle of a REEL, say 1hr into a film and i only need to submit one scene, I need to be able to export only that scene…not the entire 20min reel. make sense?

Yep, makes sense! That probably does warrant a feature request – “Export video between locators with replaced audio”, or something like that?

that’s a good way to word it!! =). THANKS. I’m going to go put that as a new post and explain the reasons why it should be a feature.

Thanks, bud!

Agree with all. Exporting a QT video from Cubase Pro 10.x would be a huge time saver. Even though I have to conform all my scores to Protools. I now have to export an AAF into Protools or Digital performer, then select a section to export as a Quicktime m.MOV for client previews. The engine exists in Nuendo. They pulled it from Cubase around v.7 I think. Word has it from GbH that they are going to re-enable video exporting from Cubase in a newer update.

Resurrecting this thread rather than start anew - recently upgraded to C12 for some specific projects. Is it the case that the BWF file is NOT timestamped at recording, and therefore the only way to get it timestamped is to do an export? Which means lining up ranges etc. If you have a large amount of discontiguous recordings this is a real pain.

I would like a simple way to be able to record in C12 and then transfer all the audio to Mixbus 32C for example, from Studio One I can simply drag the recorded audio from the folder and send it to “original position” (or spot it in PT terms) in Mixbus. From Cubase this doesn’t work. Cannot understand why the option to record BWF exists if the “broadcast chunk” is an optional export only feature.