Time stretch lost when importing Cubasis projects

Hello

I have hit a specific problem sharing files from Cubasis 3 (ios 15) and importing them into Cubase LE AI Elements 11 (on a MacBook pro, Monterey 12.3)

The general process works fine but audio segments which have been time stretched in Cubasis to match the bpm have imported into Cubase but the time stretching has been lost and they appear to have reverted to the original timing.

As always any advice or comments welcome

Jed

Hi @Jed,

Thanks for your message.

Does it work to enable time-stretching in Cubase to make the files follow the tempo again as desired?

Thanks
& stay well,
Lars

Thanks Lars

I havent checked as yet whether I can time stretch in Cubase but I fully expect that I will be able to. I spent a long long time on a project in Cubasis 3 forensically slicing and stretching audio segments to synchronise to a tempo. All that work was unfortunately undone when I imported into Cubase.

Is there any way to import without losing the time stretch or is it one for the bugs/enhancement list ?

Regards

Jed

Ps I have another question about the possibility of stitching audio segments together as a future feature. I can raise that as a separate topic

Hi @Jed,

Thanks for your message.

Cubasis and Cubase are independent developments, tailored for different markets. While we do our best to enable users to import Cubasis projects with Cubase, this option comes with limitations.

Hopefully you are able to manually enable auto-stretch in Cubase to make the imported audio files properly follow the tempo again.

Ps I have another question about the possibility of stitching audio segments together as a future feature. I can raise that as a separate topic

Please give our “Track Freeze” feature a try, which should work fine here!

Hope that helps!

Stay safe
& best wishes,
Lars

Thanks again Lars, I fully understand. I was very pleased it was essentially so easy to import in the first place. I think I am on the cusp of moving from the Cubasis market to the Cubase market.

Track Freeze is my next adventure!

Jed

1 Like

Hi @Jed,

Thanks for your message!

Track Freeze comes in handy in many areas, be it to save CPU, “glueing” several audio parts of a track into one part and/or simply turn MIDI tracks into audio.

In case, you haven’t checked out our “Getting started with Cubasis” tutorial, I strongly recommend to do so. Here, Dom Sigalas shows all steps to create a full blown track with Cubasis in near to no time:

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Lars