Time warp on multiple tracks together?

Hi Guys,

I’ve recently made the move back to Cubase after using Logic for 3 years. Very happy so far!

I have a question I haven’t been able to answer with a reasonably thorough read of the manual though…

If I have say three separate tracks, each of which contains a vocal part (main and two harmonies, for example), and I want to use time warp to fix up some of the timing of all the tracks at the same time, how can I go about doing this?

In Logic, I would just group the tracks together and then use “flex time” to move say a particular word on one track, and the other grouped tracks would follow. As Cubase’s time warp feature seems to be only in the audio editor window, and can’t be accessed from the main arrange page, I’m not quite sure how to go about doing this.

Would love any advice you can offer!

Cheers and thanks,
Mike

The short reply is, It’s complicated.

You could make a surround channel, export the three track so they appear as a multi channel surround and use the editor time warp thing, then split them back to mono channels. I’ve never done this so was just relying on memory of past solutions so there may be some detail missing!!!

The only other way of using a time stretch on multi channels is in C6.5 (i think) is to put the channels into a folder, enable group editing and use the quantise panel, far from satisfactory!!!

Split is bang on with his answer.
I’ve been requesting free warp on multitracks for ages now.as well as warping from the arrange page. I do think its on its way. 6.5 has taken us half way there with the quantise panel.
The surround file export/import is your best bet for what you want to do.
A workaround for sure , but it’ll get the job done in the end.
Good luck

Split is bang on with his answer.
I’ve been requesting free warp on multitracks for ages now.as well as warping from the arrange page. I do think its on its way. 6.5 has taken us half way there with the quantise panel.
The surround file export/import is your best bet for what you want to do.
A workaround for sure , but it’ll get the job done in the end.
Good luck