Timecode sync

Most of the younglings on here have never listened to two machines drifting out of synch, and it shows.

[ ducks out of the room…]

Is that attitude necessary?

1 Like

I guess my sense of humour is not appreciated by you. Yet you feel compelled to reply.

Did you not mute me before? You should. I did to you after our last sour exchange, where you were wrong and proud of it.

“Mind your own business”. You do not own this forum Mattias.

Have a good week and please, pretty please, leave me alone already.

In this new forum I’ve used the feature where you can mute someone for a limited amount of time. I actually found that to be a pretty smart feature. It allows a person to step back and not see posts from people that they found irritating and then later when the mute is “off” such posts are visible again. The logic behind it to me seems to be that after a while ‘heads may have cooled down’ and so it may offer a chance for a fresh start.

In this case I probably put you on mute, I honestly can’t remember, and that’s exactly what I thought would be good. I’d see your posts and not recall our previous interaction and it’d be a fresh start so to speak.

But I see from your response that clearly I need to revise that strategy and just trust my instincts. Zero need for your attitude. Like, none. So, you’re welcome, I’ll ignore you permanently from now on.

And this ends the verbal fight between you and noeqplease.
Back on topic please.

Fredo

1 Like

True.

Question: Even with Wordclock, does it get accurate enough for phase shift in audio? Wordclock is good for video frame sync, but avoiding audio phase issue is an order of magnitude or two more sensitive in terms of timing accuracy. For a frame you need to be off by less than 16ms (half frame at 30fps), whereas with with audio you need to be off by less than 62 microseconds (half sine at 8kHz) if you focus on the main audio spectrum of music and voice.

One option (though a tad time consuming) to correct that is the Auto Align Pro plugin by Audio Radix. I’ve used it numerous times to blend boom and lav mics. It does a nice job aligning multiple channels by each individual wave form.

Yes, it is. Of course sub-sample accuracy would be nice, but sample accuracy is good enough, in 99.9% of all cases. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What Dietz said.

Fredo