Timing errors when recording through Audio Bus

Hey all. So…I’m running an iPad Mini 1st gen (no laughing, please! I’ll get to this in a second!). And I’m finding that triggering something like Boom 808 from a MIDI track and monitoring through an audio track in Cubasis is largely fine (slight timing jitter but no worse than I used to get over actual MIDI). But when I try to record the pattern the audio is like 30ms or so ahead of the click. It’s not just Boom 808 either, I’ve had the same problem with other apps. This is through Audiobus, of course.

My question is, can anyone confirm that this problem isn’t present with a faster device? I’m considering (against all my common sense and better judgement) going for the Air 2, as I know that the Mini just isn’t powerful enough to do what I want to do with it but I’d hate to get it and find I have the same problems and that it wasn’t performance related at all. I mean I’ve already got an awesome laptop for music production but there is something quite liberating about being able to do it all on a tablet!

Many thanks in advance!

Hi chimpspanner

This has showed up for other users, me included.

see Timing issues - Cubasis - Steinberg Forums