Title pages with new Flows

Hey everyone! A first-time Dorico user here; made the switch after using Sibelius for 10 years. I’m working on importing a major work of mine into the software with multiple movements, and I want title pages with the start of each flow. Is there a way to automate this? Right now, I need to manually input which pages I want to have the title format and have to go back in and change which page numbers they’re assigned to if pages get shifted around. Thanks!

Having each flow start a new page and asking for that to be a “First Page” template are both function of Layout Options.

1 Like

Welcome, btw!

Thanks for this pointer!

This leads me to another question. On the headings of my score, I’ve set things up so it displays “{@flowTitle@} - Full Score”, but on the first page of new flows it turns into a blank space, shown below:
Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 3.02.57 PM

Ideally, I’d like to simply get rid of the heading on the flow title pages altogether. Any way to automate this process.?

Yes, there’s an option on the Page Setup page of Layout Options to suppress the header when a flow heading is at the top of the page.

I don’t think we have an option to hide anything in the header though, just specific tokens.

So I don’t believe there’s an automatic way, but you can create a new page template based on the Default template, which hasn’t got a header frame at all. Then use that page template on the required pages.

1 Like

This fixed the issue for me. Thanks for your help!