To Install Update Cubase 11 purchased

Hello everyone, sorry for the stupid question but I don’t want to have doubts. I bought Cubase 11 for 160 € as I am already a Steinberg customer, but I saw that it is called Cubase 11 Update from previous versions. I am now running version 9.5 on my laptop, but soon I will have a new desktop PC to configure. My question is: On my new computer, can I install Cubase 11 directly, or do I first have to install 9 and then 11? (since it is called Cubase 11 update from previous versions). I know it’s a stupid question, but I don’t understand.
Thank you all

hi MatteoTito

you don’t need to install v9 - just install v11 :slight_smile:

When you get your new desktop PC then post back if you have any problems :+1:

1 Like

The license is stored on the USB eLicenser.
So you can install Cubase 11, insert the “Stick” and there you should ready to start.
But you have to activate it to the USB eLicenser before. I guess you already did. :wink:

The Dr. beat me again… :wave:

2 Likes

And once I have upgraded the license from Cubase 9.5 to 11, can I continue to use Cubase 9.5 even though the license key now says Cubase 11?

Of course you can…

1 Like

Thank you very much everyone! Sorry for the silly question :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

it’s certainly not a silly question :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s not silly, I had both same doubts when migrate from 10 to 10.5.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Problems opening projects made with Cubase 9.5 in Cubase 11