To IOS or not to IOS?

Anyone using Android Tablets as a controller?

I’ve been using a combination of a Faderport and V-Control Pro for the last few years with Studio One which has been a great solution. Having moved to Cubase I’m re-evaluating everything. Now that my v1 iPad finally has reached the point of near uselessness for lack of update acuity and the Faderport won’t play nice in a 64 bit environment it’s time to move on. I’m comfortable with both Mac/PC as well as IOS/Droid so learning curve is not really a factor. I can get a great Android Tablet for quite a bit less than an iPad and possibly even pair it with the CC121 or Eucon Artist.

Here are a few of my ideas:

• Android Tablet with V-Console (The new V-Control Pro from Neyrinck)

• iPad with Sternberg’s IC Control Pro

• iPad with Liine Lemur and Arts|Unmuted qb2.5

• Android with Liine Lemur (Anyone tried Art|Unmuted with Droid?)

• Some other solution that has not yet presented itself :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance for any and all advice, I’d love to have the money to just grab a Raven MTi2 (which maybe I should just save up for!).

big~C

Android Tablet with V-Console (The new V-Control Pro from Neyrinck)

Same cost for annual subscription as the ios app was to purchase outright and apparently pretty laggy and awkward to use compared to the old version…I’d pass on that.

I’d love to have the money to just grab a Raven MTi2 (which maybe I should just save up for)

How about D-Touch software and a Hannspree HT273HPB.

Microsoft surface pro 4? :slight_smile:

Was just reading up on it over at the Gearslutz forum! Def an option. I’m more inclined to just save up for the Slate I think though.

Thanks for the heads up on the V Console… shame, V-Control 2 was great!

I’ve been watching quite a few videos on it from … Vincent? from Molten Computers.

Can you use the Surface as just another controller with a different computer?

I’d love to give Bitwig a run on the Surface!

~C