To sell or not to sell...

So I’ve been in a dry patch creatively for a couple of months… Nothing much other than work and family stuff and the usual spate of old-man existential angst… Haven’t even had my rig powered up until today… Applied the usual three-dozen windows updates, scanned for crap, checked for new drivers and so on…

During the dry spell I started thinking about selling the JBL 4430s… “…Too much, too big, too heavy, too much everything …” I said to myself… Listed them on a local for sales site… Got a couple of calls… No sale…

Anyway, after confirming the rig was still breathing I fired up Cubase and put up one of my goofy tunes and turned the JBLs up to 11…

I just cancelled the ad…

:sunglasses:

You know you’ll kick yourself if you do sell …

I normally involve myself into rewiring and building stuff if im not feeling the flow , im not the best at feeling the flow so I do lots of wiring but one thing I have learnt is not to sell any of my gear , been there done it bashed my head against the wall for doing it so now im a hoarder :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Yep… Just like I did when I sold the Mini Moogs, CS-80 and ARP Odyssey…

and turned the JBLs up to 11…

Beautiful post to read!

IMHO
Once you really get this music disease you never quite get over it.

It’s like that first love, that keeps knocking’ on yer door
again and again after all these years.

And no matter what is going on inside; you still let 'em in.

one of my goofy tunes

So if you have not already, (and are so inclined),
post some of this ‘goofy’ music so we can
all enjoy.

Oh and BTW
Keeping yer speakers is a great move!
{"-'}

So if you have not already, (and are so inclined),
post some of this ‘goofy’ music so we can
all enjoy.

Can’t afford the insurance… Last time I posted something someone called in the HAZMAT unit…

Can’t afford the insurance… Last time I posted something someone called in the HAZMAT unit…

Did you do that arrangement of Tarkus on your site and play everything? If so hats off to you :slight_smile:this track is great and warrants a listen from everyone.

also went to your site and listened to some other cuts, wonderful stuff and the drum sound is huge!!! You have a new fan here in the States SO DON’T sell anything unless it’s to feed the family lol
Kenny

Hey Kenny… Where do you want me to send the 20 bucks? :slight_smile:

The Tarkus thing was a bit of a cheat… I found the score on the web somewhere and learned to play it over a month or so… I recorded it one hand at a time (unlike Emerson I only have two) and fixed up some bits I screwed up plus a bit of quantizing here and there… The drums I did from scratch… I actually did Tarkus on my old Paris rig… Last thing before moving to Cubase… Thanks for listening to what one critic many years ago in Canada described as “… a Styxish bunch of moo…” Great line actually…

Thanks! C

Is that guy from this forum? If so he never had anything worthwhile to say about anything if I remember correctly :slight_smile:

My old teach would say the better you get the more you get criticized …loved that lesson lol (if I got a $1 for every bad critique I’d have new control room)… believe this, if it sucked I wouldn’t have said anything haha, but if was good and could be great I would have added comment on why. Quote me if you feel like it ‘I like your sound’

:bulb: Please forward the 20 and all future donations to the ‘Keep your monitor Fund’ :nerd:
Kenny

Is that guy from this forum? If so he never had anything worthwhile to say about anything if I remember correctly

This was back was in '81 when our band recorded a prog record… Worst timing ever… Punk and New Wave was all the rage and prog bands were being stoned to death by the Rolling Stone Taliban… (mind you, Rolling Stone always hated prog… ) I think I would still owe the record company some dough if it was in business…

Nice quote from your music teacher… My music teachers used expletives mainly… something having to do with hair and personal hygiene…

Thanks for the kind words… Really not used to it… Certainly not from the ex’s… :slight_smile: