Tones2 will NOT be happy with no moveable frozen parts

…I on the other-hand do not mind. My i7980x is so darn powerful I am not sure I will have to FREEZE again…except when I go up in the mountains without my jacket again. :slight_smile:

When they finally add this feature it needs to be under

Advanced Audio → Tones2 → Move selected frozen poop.

Hello,

Thats why we have put this in de Cubase 6 faq .

Cheers,

Chris

So, there are STILL NO PLANS to have this feature implemented? Is there EVER a chance of this being implemented? If there is NO chance, just friggin’ tell me so I can move on.

I’m truly ready to jump ship here to Sonar. It’s been long enough. I’m almost beyond caring at this point. Not to mention no batch export by track or tabbed or dockable windows.

Hello Thones,

yes this is not a part of Cubase 6. But the features in Cubase 6 are not bad I think, and contribute I think a little more than the feature you wish. The moving part thing is not that easy to implent in the programm. We always have to choose and make the best of it for everybody.

Cheers,

Chris

I can’t see myself ever wanting to use a feature like that (being able to move a frozen part). So, I’m not too upset that that didn’t make it in the program.

However, drum editing, better transient detection, vocal comping, not to mention what Cubase 5 already brought with Vari-audio vocal editing.

I think they got it right. (And I use P Tools, Logic, Reaper and Cubase all for different reasons, and I think I can stay in Cubase now other than some pro tools compatibility with clients!

Looking forward to seeing what it can do if I can figure out how to order it in Canada.

Yes, but a LOT of people do want this. Look at my threads over the last 5 years. You guys are just asking the wrong people. Or are into dazzle more than core functionality.

I can not see a single new feature in Cubase 6 that I would use. That’s the absolute truth.

I still can’t believe that implementing moveable frozen parts is that difficult to do, since it’s just a start time reference change on an existing audio file. Makes no sense why this would be hard. I wish I could talk to an actual programmer instead of sales people. I can talk this over more logically, programmer to programmer. Truthfully, I’ll bet this has never been ever looked at to SEE if it’s easy or difficult.

Dude, I’m glad you got what you wanted, but some of us have been at this for 5 year to no avail. And it’s not just me who have been wanting this.

What Steinberg never understood (and never will) is not all of us are electronica guys who record everything in 4/4 at 120 bpm.

So why do you want to Freeze and move the parts instead of Exporting and moving them? The functionality should be the same, I think. With your fancy new processor the redundant VST instruments shouldn’t tax your resources too much until you get to remove them. And I think you can even make a macro to have all that functionality behind one button.

Personally I never freeze anything (but export if I need to have audio part instead of midi) so maybe I’m missing something…

5 years!? Have frozen parts been out that long? If they were that important to me I’d have given it only five weeks.

Go, go go, buddy. Sonar needs you.

Gotta love how people with no idea of the issue or the threads that took place comment so naively but so enthusiatically. :unamused:

Don’t let’em get you down T. You know I’ve never fully bought into your request, but always supported your right to ask for improvement to a feature that was foisted upon us and then quickly left in the dust like so many other “sounded like a good idea at the time” things that have come and gone from Steinberg.

I’m reading the manual now trying to see if they worked on export at all. I don’t see anything yet.

1 button to freeze 1 button to reactivate, that is why we want to freeze instead of exporting… Do you have a better 1 button solution? let’s hear it… just turning off the effect is not the same because it doesn’t get removed from ram.

not even an i7 is powerful enough because plugins can use up every bit of juice that Cubase is able to utilize on an i7, it doesn’t matter if you can run a million native cubase mutli band compressors.

Yep, True. But more importantly, it frees up RAM which is a seriously limitation using Cubase 32 bits. And it’s too early to convert to Cubase 64 bit because so many plug-in manufacturers are not on board and bit bridges are flakey and cumbersome.

While I would agree on your comment about the 32 bit version, using up all the Ram the OS has to offer, I’d have to disagree about converting to 64 bit. My first question would be. Have you ever tried it?

I will say that it takes time and some hair pulling to get everything to its optimal state but it really is pretty phenomenal once you get that last tweak taken care of and have a stable system. My resolution to the bit bridge was to physically remove the VSTBridgeApp and put it in a storage file, then go all JBridge. JBridge runs each plug in its own memory space, and it is very efficient. Not perfect, but very good nonetheless.

If your mind is set, then it’s set. I’m just saying that it is worth it to give it a run before you claim there are no other options than to jump ship.

So I take it Sonar has this feature? Tony I don’t want you to go, but if this is what you need, I’d have migrated to it long ago

:bulb:

That’s an opinion not too far from my own but, as I pointed out elsewhere, Freeze was just a stopgap to enable translation of large existing projects to a new studio or Cubase version at a time when computer resources were undeveloped and not for the wholesale utilisation for the creation of over large projects that, as anyone with commercial studio experience will know, severely affect a computers efficiency and thus any composer’s creativity.
I think, and hope he will forgive me for suggesting, that Tony grabbed the wrong end of the freeze concept baton and began running with it and for some reason now can’t stop because most conventional users (and I know that’s a pretty broad category in this sense) have realised the limitations of freeze. I do know people with very large projects who have never needed it. With the Cubase community around me (not here) it seems not to have ever been seen as a feature must-have and I’ve yet to hear more than “You could try freezing.” “Hmmm. Yeah” and never a heated argument about it. There’s always other ways to get things done. Split the project into segments, raise the buffers if no input is needed etc.

PS. I agree, if I read your way of working correctly, that you will not get anything new yet from C6 as it does seem aimed at conventional studio trickery so at least I’d save your money until the next version.
It may be best to leave it a few days for the dust to settle to see if there is any improvement in performance that may be of benefit to you. Maybe it doesn’t need freeze any more.

you are a troll, I remember you.

Not nice Sami. I’m trying to give good, positive advice. If you don’t agree with it it would be best to say something positive. I’ll listen, I won’t tell you to shut up or accuse you of anything you’re not. Yelling “Burn the witch!” is not a respectable opinion.
Just simply outline a scenario where freeze is essential. I’m all ears.Well, eyes.

This:

1 button to freeze 1 button to reactivate, that is why we want to freeze instead of exporting… Do you have a better 1 button solution? let’s hear it… just turning off the effect is not the same because it doesn’t get removed from ram.
not even an i7 is powerful enough because plugins can use up every bit of juice that Cubase is able to utilize on an i7, it doesn’t matter if you can run a million native cubase mutli band compressors.

is an unintelligible gabble to me, I’m sorry. And sometimes you just have to press buttons.

Can you be clearer? Looks like you were in a hurry writing that.

Weird because I completely understand and agree with Samicide’s comment, but YOURS seems like unintelligible gabble to me. :stuck_out_tongue: