Tones2 will NOT be happy with no moveable frozen parts

I know some guys around here who are running some crazy templates with the use of J-Bridge and slaves. :sunglasses:

Didn’t we abolish that like 150 years ago?

Words of one syllable then. Tell me why you need freeze?

I’ve yet to see an explanation of why it’s so vital (to have spent 5 years at it) to both have it and it also be moveable. That’s why some seemingly have “no idea of the issue”. :mrgreen: (and we don’t feel like trawling thru 5 years of back posts)

By the same token, I don’t feel like outlining the specific detail reasons for my request for literally the 20th time. Do a search under the old forum under my name and freeze.

Hello,

VST system could also a good option. This option doesn’t need to be expensive. Collect some “old” computers and link them up. Allot of these kind of setups are beeing used every day in professional studios. Two names from Germany: Karim Sebastian Elias (won two times the German “fernseh preis”) and the band “Ooomph”.
In our knowledge base you will more information.

Cheers,

Chris

No C & P one of them then? Would do me.

Though we tried what we can, the “moving/keeping frozen parts” feature simply didn’t make it into this release due to running out of time. Basically the same counts for multi-outs (and multi-ins) of Instrument tracks. We had to make a decision and we did. I admit it might be frustrating if a long time requested feature doesn’t show up and it is no joke saying sorry for that. However, both features are set to high priority for future development. Until then, we are confident that practicing musicians will enjoy entire new and a host of (requested) improvements for common workflows in this release.

all the best
Helge

Exactly the way to do it. Time honoured and it works. Some movie composers have to do it that way.

That was very good of Helge to chime in on Tones2’s freezing parts concerns. Now off you go to getting those colored mixer channels taken care of. :slight_smile:

I gotta say, compared to the past Steinberg staff are participating more, and with more candor. That’s a good thing, and I hope it continues.

Sorry for the ot post…

Never mind…

cool, thanks.

yea just to be able to move them and maybe copy/delete would be enough for me.

Thanks for the response.

I’m still skeptical since this has been promised MANY TIME over the last 5 years, but I’m glad to see that at least it’s POSSIBLE AND a PRIORITY. Maybe in 6.1? PLEEEEEEESE.

Hmmm…I’m not sure what “KEEPING” frozen parts has to do with moving them. :confused:

I agree with this extract of your post, T.

WAY too many pluggers are unwilling to work for their earnings. I just love their (manufacturers) responses, that VST3 is blah blah blah and 64-bit is blah blah blah… VST vendors: VST3(+) is here to stay, 64-bit is here to stay, move on. Anything less than VST3 and 64-bit is on its way out the door.

I don’t even BUY any new plugs unless they’re VST3 and/or 64-bit (unless the company has other plugs that are or is working on them, Zebra2 for example, I bought). Just don’t give some ignorant reasons why you ought NOT to. If more people refused in this way, competition would force them to move on, and it would help bring some options to the market in form of “smaller” vendors. (And some dang cool plugins!!!)

Steinberg does NOT have a large staff by any means, and they MAKE the VST standard AND they code the plugs for their hosts (and out source some parts), the hosts themselves of course, as well as their own “external” plugins. AND their upgrade from Cubase 5 to 6 is $149… some individual plugins are more expensive than that and some of those companies has given us these ridiculous reasons why they are NOT going to VST3 and/or 64-bit. BOOHOO!

I don’t think that this is a good reason for not buying a plug-in and/or judging his quality… All depend by the plug-in but is really necessary that must be VST3 and/or 64-bit? For a developer that is not Steiny the primary goal is the compatibility with more hosts and versions possible and if he think that the benefits are really small, a VST3/64-bit version could not be necessary.

Steinberg does NOT have a large staff by any means, and they MAKE the VST standard AND they code the plugs for their hosts (and out source some parts), the hosts themselves of course, as well as their own “external” plugins.

Since they created the standard is also the minimun that at least they use and create new plugs with the latest realease…

…AND their upgrade from Cubase 5 to 6 is $149… some individual plugins are more expensive than that and some of those companies has given us these ridiculous reasons why they are NOT going to VST3 and/or 64-bit.

Really no sense here, or i can say that Sonar X1 upgrade is less expensive but it’s not the point… A product must be judged by his functionality and quality.

Channels have lost their “color” for a reason and it’s not a choice to be taken lightly as this most patronizing post would have anyone believe.

I think he means 64 bit plugs for the 64 bit version. I would think that, as with Cubase, the 32 bit version comes with it.

Well. The most patronisiing thing I’ve seen today is not Mr D.
There seems a lot of humourless negheads about seeing disasters around every corner today. It’s not shipped yet and nobody’s forcing anyone to buy it.
Anyone ever written a song about a song and dance?