TONIC - please don't let it die

Avid owns the source code, I think them helping out steinberg and its users will happen at the same time as Satan starts travelling around hell in an icebreaker

From any 32 bit install of Cubase 2 to 6

So I just found out that I paid ā‚¬ 200 for it, that I can not use Tonic - that is not open about half my songs :blush:

Do you mean you bought an upgrade to C7 and you just need Tonic? Or did you get conned by some website purporting to sell it?

no, I use tonic and I wanted to continue to use it

not to mention, as Iā€™m still angry when I can not see the dots on the automation - that we do now in the C6 and C7 are canceled at Tonic. I can not wait for what will come in the C8

If you already have Tonic you can continue to use it in C7 ā€“ just place a copy of it in a folder where C7 can see it as a VSTi ā€¦ it even works OK in C7 x64.

thanx

Sorry for the LATE reply! :mrgreen:

It is actually a preset. Forgot the name, something like subsonic or whatever.

I truly enjoy this plugin on many levels. The subsonics are good, but it is also that little thing that makes tracks different.

GUys do you know how can i get the sidechain button in the plug ins, or how can i set it up, i have instead that a switch from channel a to b ā€¦

Hey,just use Jbridgerlike I do and it will live forever!!!Lookup on google foe jbridger!Makes youre vst32 to 64 bit and it works perfect!

aw man, I just googled about the plugin because one of my songs didnā€™t opened this one. I guess I will try the jBridge trick

Hey @tqrstudio - did you ever try jBridger with Tonic or any of the legacy Steinberg plugins? It seems jBridger doesnā€™t work with these plugins due to limitations imposed by Steinberg, but were you able to get it working?

Such a shame, I have always bought pukka versions of Cubase (and sometimes been naughty with plugins) but have always been faithful to Steinberg!!!. The lack of support for the old 32bit stuff is rubbish!! IMO, itā€™s above my pay grade why an integrator/emulator hasnā€™t been introduced but to prevent some of the old Steinberg plugins from working (Ahem REVERB 32 and Tonic) when they were always hugely helpful in old projects is cun*ish!!! Tonic has always been the best native plugin filter (and Cubase plugin filters have always been shizer compared to the competition) and Reverb 32 was easy. I can handle the loss of the Reverb plugin but Stienberg are yet to make a Nativce plugin that is as simple, easy and beautiful as Tonic!!!

64 to 32-bit bridging was removed from Cubase for increased stability. You can use an external bridging solution such as jBridge.

However, Steinberg is about to drop support for VST2 in their hosts. VST2 is not supported on native Apple Silicon. For other platforms, there is a good chance that Cubase 13 and Nuendo 13 are the last versions with VST2 support. This means that you should be looking for a solution that bridges 32-bit VST2 to 64-bit VST3.

Backwards compatibility is a challenge. The greater your backwards compatibility, the more you risk bugs and stability issues. Steinberg seems to have taken the approach that obsolescent technology (32-bit plugins, ReWire, VST2) is supported for several product generations and then dropped.

Hi Davidā€¦ TAXI for 1ā€¦ Apologies, Iā€™d never heard of J Bridge (even though if Iā€™d done a simple Google I would have done). Thanks for your reply.

Iā€™m running the latest version of Cubase, but still have the 32bit Cubase 8.5 installed which I can use, even downloaded SX3 the other day so I could crack open a load of old .ALL files!!! Having fun and making hay!

1 Like