Too Much Crashing

Cubase is crashing too much. I know my issue has been reported to Steinberg but just wanted to post a friendly reminder.
All to do with Note Expression. I really need this to be fixed. My only work around is to get VE Pro so everytime Cubase crashes I don’t have to wait 10 minutes for my projects to load up.
Too Much Crashing.PNG
Cubase 10.0.20.187 64bit 2019.5.31 14.03.00.548.dmp (1.02 MB)
Cubase 10.0.20.187 64bit 2019.6.6 13.44.47.042.dmp (977 KB)

Hi,

Do you have any stable reproduction, when is Cubase crashing? Is it always in the Note Expression area? Is it with a specific Note Expression map only or with any? Do you think your Note Expression map is somehow specific?

Hi,

Sorry, I am not sure what a Note Expression Map is. I Know what an Expression Map is but not the former.
Cubase crashes immediately after opening the Note Expression editor. I am only using CC1 and CC11 with Note Expression.
I use a macro which is Select all and open Note Expression editor. I am running Cubase 10 (latest) EW Play (latest) Win 10

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg CAN-23183, but could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode, please?

Hi,
Could you please attache a minimalsitic example *.cpr project and tell me how I can get it to crash when I open it?
Once we can reproduce the crash we can determin the cause.

Greetings,
Jan

Hi,

It seems to be something to do with processing power. When I open the key editor, I hear my CPU fan ramp up and then if I immediately open the note expression editor Cubase crashes. But if I give it a couple of seconds after opening the key editor, I hear the CPU fan slow. Then if I open the note expression editor Cubase does not crash.

Hello J Buckingham,
hmm thats interesting, thank you for that information. I sent you a PM. I would be happy if you could reply.
CAN-23183
Greetings,
Jan