Tool Modifier for Insert note AND object selection

Hi,

It would be nice to have Tool Modifier for Insert note AND object selection ( say command) to switch between the two! in both Key editor and Score Editor.

What do you guys think?

CS

In a way, the ALT/Option key could be considered a tool modifier for doing just what you said.

If I were you, I would create key commands for selecting different note values. You could then input a note by:

1. selecting the note value;
  2. holding the ALT, then clicking and dragging the mouse pointer until you get the note you want. Then, you need to release the mouse button.

Or you want a modifier key for temporary switching to object selection tool, while you’re in the Insert Note tool?

Good question:

I have key commands for different note values ( numpad key), then after I enter some notes, I’d like to audition what I have written, and comeback to placing notes.

I can think of two scenarios: I want it to be temporary ( could be permanent ), let’s say you entering a note and you want to adjust a symbol ( crescendo, etc) and quickly go back to note insertion too.

• when acoustic feedback is on it gets annoying when you are inserting notes on multiple staff one after another. Doesn’t it? using modifying key we can disable the acoustic feedback temporarily, cross multiple notes on a staff or crossing staves in case we want to fix quickly several notes here and there.
    I hope it make sense :slight_smile:

let’s say you entering a note and you want to adjust a symbol ( crescendo, etc) and quickly go back to note insertion too

You have a point.

Also when acoustic feedback is on it gets annoying when you are inserting notes on multiple staff, using modifying key to to do section mode disables that too.

What do you mean by “section mode”? I couldn’t find it in the manual.

I am so sorry. I hope it make sense now. I fixed it up, please read it again! :slight_smile:

when acoustic feedback is on it gets annoying when you are inserting notes on multiple staff one after another. Doesn’t it?

Why do you think it gets annoying?

using modifying key we can disable the acoustic feedback temporarily, cross multiple notes on a staff or crossing staves in case we want to fix quickly several notes here and there.

Please describe me the action of crossing multiple notes. I’m not familiar with it.
Sadly, there’s no Acoustic Feedback option in the Key Commands window. Though it should be.

I hope it make sense > :slight_smile:

It makes sense, but I need more information. :wink:

Well, when you cross notes or go down or up abruptly, you hear very fast gliss or series of notes played. Just try it and see. As an example, just say your decide to change something on other staff or one or few measure backward or forward, specially when you are composing and not doing typesetting!

Yes definitely, this is needed in the piano roll MIDI editor as well.

You are correct. I edited the title so it encompasses that as well.