Toolbars - Users should have the ability to customize the spacing and scaling of toolbars

Toolbars - Users should have the ability to customize the spacing and scaling of toolbars accross the entire Cubase application to make better use of their computer monitor screen resolutions.

Please view the image for conceptual examples.

1 Like

I would argue against this approach. Instead, Steinberg should research the best practices for spacing the buttons, perhaps influenced by aspect ratio, and then build in an improved spacing approach.

The original example you show is definitely awkward for certain screen sizes. Steinberg does allow us to place buttons on the left, middle, and right which is nice. The original example you have does make it appear too cluttered to the point that it may confuse us on how to quickly scan and read it. I agree with that. Steinberg should come up with an automatic process that adds spacing to buttons in order to reduce clutter and improve our ability to quickly read it. In other words, I don’t think it should be a user customization.

I just don’t like how the Cubase application is seemingly totally reliant on using the microsoft windows scaling rather than having any kind of scaling / resizing options available within Cubase itself.

It would be nice if Steinberg could implement some scalable or resizable preferences in Cubase, for example:

• Toolbar Icons: Small / Medium / Large
  • Track Inspector Panel: Small / Medium / Large
  • Key Editor Inspector Panel: Small / Medium / Large
  • Audio Editor Inspector Panel: Small / Medium / Large
  • Channel Settings Window: Small / Medium / Large

Cubase 13 is a great example, they made everything smaller in the inspector panels for no reason which makes Cubase even more un-pleasant to use on larger monitors.