Toolbox over 2 lines

I can’t figure out how to split the toolbox over 2 lines, as we have been able to do since the Atari days! Has anyone figured this out?

Thx

Steve

Hi,

Unfortunately this feature is not available anymore.

This needs to be added back! Workflow killer. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Was this like…an issue of some sort? I can’t for the life of me understand why Steinberg just went ahead and took out this feature, even though apparently a lot of people were using it. It’s not like it clutters the UI, it’s just a really handy way of improving the workflow and now it’s all of a sudden gone for no reason.

Why do you skip features that worked for YEARS! I blindly operate the tools with the mouse.

Please add this back! And dont skip features! Adding is ok but don´t just leave things behind that where working well!

same here! absolute workflow killer. using “play” symbol frequently which is now at the far right, and therefore triple the distance from where it used to be in a 2-line setting.
please bring this back!

+1

+1
… this, and the screwed up Transport Panel (F2).

The fixed one-row toolbox in Cubase 10 doesn’t work for me, not in Arrange Window nor in Key Editor. (more mouse-movements)
I prefer the two-row size I have worked with in all Cubase vesions before for 25 years.
That means like in Cubase 9.5, two rows of 5 tools in Key Editor and 2 rows of 6 tools + one color tool below that in Arrange Window, see attachements.
In Preferences - Editing - Tools I always had enabled “Pop-up Toolbox on Right Click”.
Cubase 9.5 Right-click Toolbox in Arrange Window.jpg
Cubase 9.5 Right-click Toolbox in Key Editor.jpg

+1

Still not in 10.5…?

Hi,

Still not in C10.5.

I think I’ve had enough of this attrociously bad design decision. And it’s not JUST the fact you can’t resize it over 2 lines, it’s the stupid animated green graphic that you a forced to wait for when you want to change any of the ‘sub-options’. Then when you select your chosen sub-option, you have to click AGAIN on the background for the options to disappear.

In no known universe is this a step forward.

I don’t care about the new features of Cubase 10.x.x. I’m going back to 9.5.50.

again +1.
and yes, this green graphic is even more annoying than the menu not being 2 lines anymore, since its animation is super slow and doesn’t bring any conceivable advantage. always mis-clicking since this was introduced.

Hi,

As far as I know, there was always this long-click option. The only change is, the green line is informing you, how long do you have to wait.

The green line is’nt there anymore!

Delta

ah, great! haven’t gotten around to play with C10.5 yet but just checked it out. thanks for the info!

now please, SB, bring back scalability!

Sorry, this is incorrect. The long-click option was introduced with Cubase 10. Have and look at 9.5.50 - it’s all instant-click. This is how it should work, and HAS worked since the days of Cubase SX.

It’s as if this aspect of Cubase 10 has been specifically designed to slow you down!

So does 10.5 now have instant-click access to the Toolbox sub-menus?

indeed, this wasn’t there before C10.

i just double-checked.
unfortunately no. now, while holding right-click (to keep the menu open) you simultaneously even have to hold left-click for ~200ms to open the sub menu. after that you can let go of both and the menu+sub menu will stay open.
so basically the green progress bar - which was accessable with single-click before - was removed and an additional left-click-hold introduced.

this is so unergonomic it’s literally giving me hand cramps.

@ Steinberg
why so complicated? why not just:

1. single right-click for menu to open and stay open. (as it already is with the ctrl+right+click menu!!!)
  2. sub menus open on mouse hover
  3. select menu item with left-click

?

Hi,

I have just retested this in Cubase 9.5 vs Cubase 10.5.
Use case: switch from Object Selection tool to Parabola tool, when Line tool is selected (using toolbox in the toolbar).
C9.5:

• Select Object Selection.
  • Click to Line tool to select it.
  • Click to Line tool again to be able to change it.

or

• Double-click to the Line tool to be able to change it.

C 10.0.50:

• Click to Line tool to select it.
  • Click to Line tool again to be able to change it.

or

• Double-click to the Line tool to be able to change it.

or

• Long-cloick to the Line tool to be able to change it.

Use case: switch from Object Selection tool to Parabola tool, when Line tool is selected (using right-click toolbox).
C9.5:

• Right-click to get the toolbox.
  • Hold right-click down and click to the Line tool to be able to change it.

C10.0.50:

• Right-click to get the toolbox.
  • Hold right-click down and click to the Line tool (wait 300ms???) to be able to change it.
    => You are right, this doesn’t make any sense.