Toolbox over 2 lines

Thanks Martin for acknowledging this!

Also, you mentioned two conflicting Cubase versions in your last post. Namely Cubase 10.5 vs 10.0.5.
Note sure which one you tested on, since the behaviour in the 2 versions vary slightly.

Please kindly consider revising this to:

1. single right-click for menu to open and stay open. (as it already is with the ctrl+right-click menu)
  2. sub-menus open on mouse-hover
  3. select menu item with left-click

Thanks!

Hi,

I have tested with Cubase 10.0.50.

This has been annoying to deal with. I don’t know why it was done. The two line edit box made it much easier to detail edit MIDI and the green graphic for mode changes is annoying as all get out.

(… waiting for people to chime in with the “I don’t use this so they should just take it out, I didn’t know it was there but now that I do, it annoys me and gets in the way” argument …)

This one they really should correct. I mostly use the numbers to select the tools, but the “old way” was better. When changing selection modes It is annoying to have to wait for the roll-over and, as someone else mentioned, it takes practice to not mis-click and open the wrong menu – and after all that you’ve lost your place in the edit. I don’t think this has been addressed in 10.5, true?

+1 for Toolbox back to be configurable over 2 lines.

Also, I don’t like its white text on grey background color. As many text is now white in C10/C10.5 (where it was black in C9.5 instead) I would prefer a black background. They have been turned to black in C10.5 in some areas (see for example, among others, the Snap Type field in the Project Window Toolbar). I would like more.

Bring back 2 line toolbox!

bump

I love C10.5’s GUI. (and the features and stability)
But the one row toolbox is a mistake.
Why look like Studio One?
While arranging I want to stay fucussed on the screen with the mouse in one hand, (eventually an instrument in the other hand), without looking down to the computer keyboard.
Before C10, the past 25 years I could rightclick and with very little mouse movement I had e.g. the mute tool.
Now I have to rightclick, while holding that pushed, move the mouse 6 cm to the right, than move the same distance back to left to reach the part I want to edit.
But when rightclicking 10 cm or less from the right site of the arrangement, the row is shifted more to the left of the pointer and I have to look a moment longer where’s the tool I’m looking for…

Exactly!

+100000

Agreed 100%.

This clumsy, bad design, hasn’t improved anything about working with Cubase. Please bring back a working two-line Toolbox… :pray:. Its been a whole year, and I’m STILL hating it…