TOOLS 2.2 and eLicenser error

Dear Steinberg,

Thank you for the update. However, I’ve an issue with the new FX suite. When launching Logic Pro X, and the new FXs are detected, I’m warned about an eLicenser error.

The eLicenser itself is connected and working. VSL and Dorico start regularly. VSL plugins are working fine in Logic. The eLicenser software is the latest one. The Yamaha driver the latest one (1.10.4). I’ve restarted the Mac (with High Sierra, latest version).

Apart for this, I don’t think these FXs are protected, and should require the eLicenser. So, what is happening?

The error message I get from the eLicenser is of this type: “Application ‘REV-X AU’ has caused the following error: eLicener(s) contain(s) no valid license for this application.”

This is what Logic plugin validator reports:

validating Audio Unit REV-X Room by Steinberg Media Technologies:

AU Validation Tool
Version: 1.6.1a1
Copyright 2003-2013, Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Specify -h (-help) for command options

VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: ‘aufx’ - ‘64vr’ - ‘Ymau’

Manufacturer String: Steinberg Media Technologies
AudioUnit Name: REV-X Room
Component Version: 1.2.0 (0x10200)

• PASS

TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
FATAL ERROR: OpenAComponent: result: -10875,0xFFFFD585

validation result: couldn’t be opened

Paolo

I’ve got this too.

I get the same after cleaning the old installation, and reinstalling all the UR824 software. You can safely deactivate them in Logic, but it seems there is something wrong with these plugins.

Paolo

This issue also happens when opening Vienna Ensemble Pro, and I’m not sure how to tell VEP to ignore the Steinberg plugins. The only way I found was to open the Library/Audio/Plugins/Components folder, find the most recently added components, and remove entirely the AU plugins from Steinberg. I was not planning to use them, anyway.

Paolo

These effects, when used through the UR, don’t require a license. But, there is also a plug-in version which DOES require a license. The License is called, “Basic FX Suite”. Do you have it on the eLicenser?

Jaslan, I see. Now I understand what happened: I installed the license on the software eLicenser residing on my old Mac, before I had an hardware eLicenser. Then I should have deinstalled the Basic FX Suite, and had forgotten about the license.

When updating, I had to discover the software eLicenser has gone with the old Mac. But I think I can reactivate the license on the new software eLicenser in my new Mac, or in the hardware eLicenser.

However, I can’t find the card containing the Basic FX Suite license, so I don’t know if there is an alternative way to activate it.

Paolo

The old Activation Code from the paper probably won’t work again (one use only). Use the “Reactivating procedure” in MySteinberg. If that doesn’t work, contact support.
Check the Knowledge Base for “Reactivating a soft eLicense” or similar.

1 Like

I have the same issue and cant resolve it … pls help. issue appears with Garageband and Logix x pro